Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Has anyone come up with a power on/reset factory reset for the Mini yet? One co-worker has borked her Mini and we can't get to the factory reset from the menu. I'm looking at pulling the uSD card and copying the image from a working Mini but would rather avoid doing so.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 06-17-2013 at 02:27 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #17
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Has anyone come up with a power on/reset factory reset for the Mini yet? One co-worker has borked her Mini and we can't get to the factory reset from the menu. I'm looking at pulling the uSD card and copying the image from a working Mini but would rather avoid doing so.

Regards,
David
I think the pinhole reset is under the back cover if you haven't tried that already.

My mini I just keep pulling the slider to the side and holding it, but that is not a factory reset.

Cannot it still be fixed under warranty?

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #18
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:

Regards,
David
Have you tried holding the power button for 10-20 seconds to make sure it's off, then a pin reset, and if that does nothing press and hold the pin reset while you do a power on. Also plugging it in while resetting seems to have helped some people even if it should be near full charge.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:38 PM   #19
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I think the pinhole reset is under the back cover if you haven't tried that already.

My mini I just keep pulling the slider to the side and holding it, but that is not a factory reset.

Cannot it still be fixed under warranty?

Helen
I've popped the back cover off and tried the pinhole reset. Unfortunately, it just ends up where the hold power switch for 20 seconds and then power on does.

It could be fixed under warranty but she would prefer not to have to ship the Mini away and wait for it or a replacement to make it's way back.

Regards,
David
Old 06-17-2013, 11:39 PM   #20
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Have you tried holding the power button for 10-20 seconds to make sure it's off, then a pin reset, and if that does nothing press and hold the pin reset while you do a power on. Also plugging it in while resetting seems to have helped some people even if it should be near full charge.
I've tried the power off and pin hole reset. I hadn't tried the pin hole reset while holding the power switch but will give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,
David
Advert
Old 06-17-2013, 11:51 PM   #21
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
I've tried the power off and pin hole reset. I hadn't tried the pin hole reset while holding the power switch but will give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,
David
PM sent
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:45 PM   #22
tripsa05
tripsa05 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
What method are you using to charge? If you're using a USB port try a different one or a different computer or different cord. Ideally try a phone charger plugged directly into the wall if you can. If you're not getting any lights beside the power switch either your battery or the switch must be bad and replacement could well be the only option.
Hello all,
The suggested reset methods won't do it and the green/blue light doesn't flash at all. I may try to have the battery and/or switch replaced, but how and where can this be done? I'm traveling, hence away from home, so no access to my shop and warranty...

Thanks in advance
tripsa05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:55 PM   #23
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripsa05 View Post
Hello all,
The suggested reset methods won't do it and the green/blue light doesn't flash at all. I may try to have the battery and/or switch replaced, but how and where can this be done? I'm traveling, hence away from home, so no access to my shop and warranty...

Thanks in advance
Even if your switch/battery is the problem it should still turn on and say charging or ask if you want to connect when you connect it to a power source?

Does it?

Helen
Old 02-28-2014, 07:19 AM   #24
tripsa05
tripsa05 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Nothing. No light, no "connection screen", just a white screen and that's it...
tripsa05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:47 PM   #25
speakingtohe
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripsa05 View Post
Nothing. No light, no "connection screen", just a white screen and that's it...
I could be wrong, but it sounds like it is dead. Send it in for warrantee repair or try and find a place that will only charge you if they can fix it. Even that will void the warrantee if it is opened.

Hope I am wrong.

Helen
Old 03-13-2017, 06:22 AM   #26
kisa
kisa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo HD
Dead KOBO GLO HD fix

Hi,
My wife had her KOBO GLO HD just shut down on her to a white screen and would no longer turn on or recharge.
After trying numerous chargers and sources, as will as holding down the ON button and the reset pin and combinations of both, and then opening up the kobo and force charging the internal battery for about 10 minutes at 4.1V (limited to 300mA), I decided to try something different.
I am lucky that I have a KOBO GLO HD as well , so I opened mine up as well and, as I was sure it was a battery issue, I put them close enough together to connect my KOBO battery to my wife's KOBO, and Shazam, nothing, it still didn't work.
That left me with only two thoughts, the KOBO was dead or the micro SD card (which is internally removable) had died or gotten corrupt.
I proceeded to switch SD cards, and Shazam, IT WORKED! My KOBO no longer turned on and my wife's turned on as normal.
My next step is to work out how to reflash my wife's SD with the bootloader off my SD. I've got some idea's of how and will update this post if it works and share the bootloader so others can maybe get their KOBO GLO HD working again too.
Cheers,
KISA
kisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:37 AM   #27
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisa View Post
Hi,
My wife had her KOBO GLO HD just shut down on her to a white screen and would no longer turn on or recharge.
After trying numerous chargers and sources, as will as holding down the ON button and the reset pin and combinations of both, and then opening up the kobo and force charging the internal battery for about 10 minutes at 4.1V (limited to 300mA), I decided to try something different.
I am lucky that I have a KOBO GLO HD as well , so I opened mine up as well and, as I was sure it was a battery issue, I put them close enough together to connect my KOBO battery to my wife's KOBO, and Shazam, nothing, it still didn't work.
That left me with only two thoughts, the KOBO was dead or the micro SD card (which is internally removable) had died or gotten corrupt.
I proceeded to switch SD cards, and Shazam, IT WORKED! My KOBO no longer turned on and my wife's turned on as normal.
My next step is to work out how to reflash my wife's SD with the bootloader off my SD. I've got some idea's of how and will update this post if it works and share the bootloader so others can maybe get their KOBO GLO HD working again too.
Just take an image of your SD card and write it to her card. Or to a new card. You can use a larger card if you want and resize the user partition. Or, if you want, I can send you a link to an image you can use.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:47 PM   #28
kisa

Thanks davidfor.
That's exactly what I ended up doing, reimaged my sd card (using HDD Raw Copy) onto my wife's, which worked thankfully. I also found the use of larger cards was fine (I tried up to 32GB) as you mentioned and that you can expand the main partition (I used MiniTool Partition Wizard) to utilise all the available memory space on the card. I did find I had to increase the size in stages, roughly half at a time, otherwise it would error if I tried to convert the full partition in one go. Also I had to leave a small amount unallocated, roughly 8k. Thanks again.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:36 AM   #29
dwaltz
dwaltz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwaltz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwaltz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwaltz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwaltz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwaltz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwaltz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwaltz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwaltz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwaltz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwaltz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902, Kobo Glo HD
I have the same issue, but I don't have a second device to copy the SD from
dwaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:36 AM   #30
kisa

PM me your email address and I'll send you a clean image.

Last edited by kisa; 07-07-2017 at 01:39 AM.