Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
simmonsk
simmonsk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Wi-Fi Error

After messing around with the new 1.0.05.11130 firmware, factory reset, recovery, restore, etc., now my reader is left with Wi-Fi error. No matter what I did, the Wi-Fi status is displayed as error. None of the above process can correct the issue.

I even tried the SD rescue procedure and still no luck.

Cannot get ADB to work either.

Can somebody please advise next step?

simmonsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Can you define "messing around" ?.. sounds like you have managed to trash the firmware have you tried a "hard/factory " reset? and restoring the original firmware?
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
I am really trying to feel sympathy here.

But this is why I've never rooted my ereaders, it just seems that something always goes wrong, and since I don't know enough about the whole overall process, I end up running to someone else on the internet and making my problem their problem.

and then there are the times that a regular update goes bad.

Why can't the tech companies just make it work? It is enough to make me cynical...
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #4
simmonsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
Can you define "messing around" ?.. sounds like you have managed to trash the firmware have you tried a "hard/factory " reset? and restoring the original firmware?
Oh, this is what I did. I had the device previously running one of the custom firmware on 1.0.04. Also, have my google account configured via the setting/account menu. A while ago, I enabled the two level authentication on my google account. Since then, the reader cannot login to the google account anymore. It always displays the "!" icon on the status bar indicating the login error. I cannot delete the google account as it is the default account on the device.

Then last week I found that the new 1.0.05 firmware is available. Tried to upgrade the reader. The upgrade was successful However, the login error icon persists. Also, the 3rd home screen is gone.

Subsequently, I tried to run the rupor-minimal to reapply the firmware in order to regain access to the 3rd home screen. Maybe that's where the wifi error began.

After that, I tried other packages including the restore-set-1.0.04.12210. sdrescure_1.04_porkupan, and the hard-reset (next + back), etc.

Nothing works. The reader is working fine but the wifi is giving error.

As a side note, no matter which firmware I applied, the settings -> about -> Device Information -> version always shows 1.0.05.11130. The "modifications" section did disappear if I reapplied the restore set but the version remains at 1.0.05.

As for ADB not working, I think it is because I am running Windows 8 64 bit.

Please help.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:38 PM   #5
simmonsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
I am really trying to feel sympathy here.

But this is why I've never rooted my ereaders, it just seems that something always goes wrong, and since I don't know enough about the whole overall process, I end up running to someone else on the internet and making my problem their problem.

and then there are the times that a regular update goes bad.

Why can't the tech companies just make it work? It is enough to make me cynical...
I was actually trying to un-root my reader because there is no much bonus feature added by the custom firmware to this basic reader.

So, if any help can reverse the change to the stock firmware, I am glad to try. Can't find anything so far.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:14 AM   #6
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
simmonsk
not to type this again and again, please read here
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #7
simmonsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
simmonsk
not to type this again and again, please read here
Mark,

The reader actually locked up once connected to USB. I am going to response as in the other thread you referred to.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #8
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
simmonsk

Just to clear up things - two factor authentication works with T1/T2. You need to create device specific password in GMail and reconfigure you Google account on device accordingly. I have been using this for a while...
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #9
niels1995
niels1995 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1
I have also the wifi error after updating my ereader to the 1.0.05.11130 firmware. I just have a problem. I live in Belgium and tried to use the restore-set-1.0.05.11130-us.zip, but it doesn't work with my reader. I unrooted my reader with restore-set-1.0.03.11140.zip, but the wifi error is still there.
niels1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #10
sam_uk
sam_uk began at the beginning.

Device: Android
I also have this Wifi error problem with the 1.0.05.11130 firmware

My understanding was that the upgrade was a one way process? I don't think it's possible to move back to a earlier kernel version?
sam_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #11
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

The only way to move back to previous version of firmware is to restore from full backup image - if you have one. All other procedures are one way.

A for WiFi errors - try running fix_permissions command from terminal and see if it helps...
Old 01-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #12
niels1995
niels1995 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1
My rooted reader doesn't recognize the fix_permissions command. Could I download it somewhere?
niels1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #13
martinbenedetti
martinbenedetti began at the beginning.

Device: sony prst1
Problems conection wifi and usb

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmonsk View Post
After messing around with the new 1.0.05.11130 firmware, factory reset, recovery, restore, etc., now my reader is left with Wi-Fi error. No matter what I did, the Wi-Fi status is displayed as error. None of the above process can correct the issue.

I even tried the SD rescue procedure and still no luck.

Cannot get ADB to work either.

Can somebody please advise next step?

I have the same problem, and i do not recognize the USB port, try to rescue sd but nothing cambio.Ayuda please!
martinbenedetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #14
rupor
meat popsicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by niels1995 View Post
My rooted reader doesn't recognize the fix_permissions command. Could I download it somewhere?
Google will save the world.

https://github.com/anddam/PRS-T1-fix...ix_permissions

Tags
wifi problems