Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
What is with the Kobo Store website?

Edit: Typical, I spend days on a problem, and then asking in and of itself seemed to work. I found the little x button in the corner.

Last edited by spindlegirl; 09-03-2012 at 10:13 AM.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
How annoying that the history button is in the way of everything! Weird, mine is neatly in the corner, out of the way (but still annoying).

You can turn of the history tracking by going to "My account". Scroll down in the Account settings to below where you enter your credit card details. There's a table that will allow you to check "Do not track the items I view". Hit save, and all should work well again.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, it was in the corner, but still took up a huge corner and interfered with the "completeness" of the page. I finally found the little microscopic 'x' and was able to thus make it go poof.

Still it is not necessary for it to have been there at all. I must say it definitely was not an improvement to the site.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #4
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
There's a table that will allow you to check "Do not track the items I view". Hit save, and all should work well again.
Thanks for that, did not know there was a way to turn it off
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #5
spindlegirl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
How annoying that the history button is in the way of everything! Weird, mine is neatly in the corner, out of the way (but still annoying).

You can turn of the history tracking by going to "My account". Scroll down in the Account settings to below where you enter your credit card details. There's a table that will allow you to check "Do not track the items I view". Hit save, and all should work well again.
Thank you so much for this. I will be delighted to not have to deal with it again!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #6
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
Edit: Typical, I spend days on a problem, and then asking in and of itself seemed to work. I found the little x button in the corner.

Quote:
Still it is not necessary for it to have been there at all. I must say it definitely was not an improvement to the site.
Yeah. I *hate* their site now. ALL their new "improvements" just makes things awkward. I can't even browse English books just because I enter their site with 'foreign' IP address. I don't read Dutch books! I've never bought any from Kobo! Give me English browsing back! Sheesh. (Just my little rant because it fits with the thread title )
Old 09-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #7
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
Thanks for that, did not know there was a way to turn it off

Quote:
Thank you so much for this. I will be delighted to not have to deal with it again!