Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Today, 08:03 AM   #1
johnelle
Zealot
johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle app on Samsung Tab
Streamline/Shortcut For "Fix Crappy Cover Image?"

So I frequently see a cover image that screams, "Fix Me in Photoshop" but its a pain to open up the folder, open the image in PS, and then replace the version in the metadata. All the "fix cover" plugins have to do with scaling (why?).

Anybody have a way to quickly pop the cover into an image editor and then replace the existing cover? Plug-in I missed?
johnelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:49 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Right-click on the cover, select "Open cover with..."
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 10:08 AM   #3
johnelle
Zealot
johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks

I use the software a few hours every day and I suspect I still don't know 50% of the functionality.
Old Today, 10:27 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnelle View Post
I use the software a few hours every day and I suspect I still don't know 50% of the functionality.
Well, Calibre is updated twice a month and things change between updates too - new options get added, some features are moved to other locations and so on. It's not easy to keep track of everything.

Still, I prefer to see Calibre actively developed rather than the alternative.
Old Today, 10:33 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Sirtel has the best
But I would like to question 'pain to...'

The 'O' key opens the current books location in the file system
right click on cover.jpeg allows you to do edit with Photowhatever
How is that painful?

Only rule while there (under the skirts) is:
Never change a name or add-remove a file Calibre does its magic by using the filesystems EXACT path to the book-metadata pieces
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 11:06 AM   #6
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Sirtel has the best
But I would like to question 'pain to...'

The 'O' key opens the current books location in the file system
right click on cover.jpeg allows you to do edit with Photowhatever
How is that painful?
Heh, I didn't know that. It's true that you can never know everything about Calibre.
Old Today, 11:22 AM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Also unless it's really old PS is now only rented. Some artists I know use the free "The GIMP". The defaults on it are crazy.

Also you can load any image as the cover in Edit Metadata, and use the cover creator plugin to auto add the title, subtitle, author, series, custom text (each is optional) in any size and fontface on your system and re-order the layout. Quick solution for personal use, rather than handcrafted award winning art in PS or GIMP!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:17 PM   #8
johnelle
Zealot

Right Clip on Cover?

I did know how to open the folder and open the cover. However I never saved it directly...are you sure that works?

Also when I right click on the cover image I only have Cut/Paste/Hide Size. Nothing like "Open In..." is there.

I always install the latest version within a few days.

...and yes I still use Photoshop. Been using it since V2. Not likely to change even though they keep raising the annual fee.
Old Today, 12:27 PM   #9
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnelle View Post
Also when I right click on the cover image I only have Cut/Paste/Hide Size. Nothing like "Open In..." is there.
Click on the cover in the library view, not in the Edit Metadata window.
Old Today, 02:33 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Also work if you use the (floating) Book details window (I, i call it the info pane)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, image quality