Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-23-2006, 02:24 PM   #1
Frogsmasha
Connoisseur
Frogsmasha began at the beginning.

Who knows an inside source?

I feel childish, but I cant stand waiting for this thing. I just recently found out about it around a month or so ago, and I've been excited to death. So who knows an insider with sony who could let us know whats going on to the minute.. It's like drugs
Frogsmasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 02:55 PM   #2
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Woah! calm down !

Most of us have been waiting since last december

In the mean time it'fun to listen to the "Iliad users" or "Iliad used" groaning of pleasure or pain
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2006, 03:10 PM   #3
Frogsmasha
Connoisseur
Frogsmasha began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible
Woah! calm down !

Most of us have been waiting since last december

In the mean time it'fun to listen to the "Iliad users" or "Iliad used" groaning of pleasure or pain
heh.. I know I know, but I can't help it.
Frogsmasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:23 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
If any of us had an inside source don't you think that they would have said so by now?

Unless, of course, this theoretical "person in the know" is under some sort of constraint or agreement not to say so, in which case they're rather unlikely to give it up just because someone asks. If for no other reason than to keep their hypothetical source intact and providing information, let alone whatever theoretical constraint or agreement they might be operating under (which I think would be the bigger motivator for me, personally).

Meanwhile, as yvanleterrible says, the iLiadites are quite amusing, don't you think?

Last edited by NatCh; 08-23-2006 at 03:24 PM. Reason: typo
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:09 PM   #5
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natch
Meanwhile, as yvanleterrible says, the iLiadites are quite amusing, don't you think?
You know what they say about "he who laughs last". :P (that goes for Yvan too)
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2006, 04:10 PM   #6
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natch
You know what they say about "he who laughs last". (that goes for Yvan too)
Old 08-23-2006, 04:33 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaHuguet
You know what they say about "he who laughs last". :P (that goes for Yvan too)
"He who laughs last thinks fastest"?

I think we're still a ways away from the last laugh, yet, ElaHuguet.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:34 PM   #8
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did I mention groans of pleasure ?

Love you too Ela !
Old 08-23-2006, 04:38 PM   #9
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Actually I would'nt mind having an Iliad, just like a Toyota owner would'nt mind a Beamer but these service charges are killers...
heh! heh!
Old 08-24-2006, 03:52 AM   #10
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak

to both of you, I still love my little iLiad (never mind dear, don't cry, they're just jealous) hehehehehe.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:18 AM   #11
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

You are right Ela , I am. But jealousy never kept me awake or miserable.
I am also happy that you enjoy yours !
Old 08-24-2006, 10:43 AM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist

"Jealous" implies that I want your iLiad. This is not so -- I want an e-ink device of my own!

I have no problem at all with others, you in particular, having devices too.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:57 AM   #13
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak

LOL, thanks for the laugh guys... I also hope you get your desired e-ink devices soon.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:00 AM   #14
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Well, they might not fess up, but I freely admit that I'm jealous even if I don't want to take yours away from you! ;-) One of these days I hope to have an e-ink reader of my own!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:15 AM   #15
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak

Actually, I'm sure that Sony's Reader is going to be great in what it does, as I've mentioned before; if the screen hadn't been too small (for me), I would've waited for it, although the extras that the iLiad brings with it (including a very nice Linux community working with it in the future) are very nice, but not essential (again, for me). And I'm sure these next couple of years are going to bring even better stuff to the market, and my iLiad will be a boring bit of old (and expensive) news that any moderately knowledgeable two-year-old will poo-pooh at.... but I just couldn't wait!