Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
AriCarruthers
AriCarruthers knows the difference between a duck.AriCarruthers knows the difference between a duck.AriCarruthers knows the difference between a duck.AriCarruthers knows the difference between a duck.AriCarruthers knows the difference between a duck.AriCarruthers knows the difference between a duck.AriCarruthers knows the difference between a duck.AriCarruthers knows the difference between a duck.AriCarruthers knows the difference between a duck.AriCarruthers knows the difference between a duck.AriCarruthers knows the difference between a duck.

Device: Kindle
If Only One Person...

I recently wrote a short story (only about 4000 words) and I would like some feedback on it. I have been writing for several years now but have only received critique from friends or family. Although they are all very critical and made some helpful suggestions, I know they are biased to some degree.

If one person says he or she would be willing to take the time to read my story, I will gladly post it!

Thanks in advance for any critiques or opinions!

-Ariel
AriCarruthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:06 AM   #2
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper
Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
What genre is your story? Sci-fi, fantasy, horror?
Harper Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2012, 02:10 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriCarruthers View Post
I recently wrote a short story (only about 4000 words) and I would like some feedback on it. I have been writing for several years now but have only received critique from friends or family. Although they are all very critical and made some helpful suggestions, I know they are biased to some degree.

If one person says he or she would be willing to take the time to read my story, I will gladly post it!

-Ariel
Or you could, as Harper says, let people know roughly what kind of book it is, and then ask for beta readers.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:04 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:

-Ariel

Please PM the author if you are interested in offering positive advice and/or opinions.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
AriCarruthers
AriCarruthers knows the difference between a duck.AriCarruthers knows the difference between a duck.AriCarruthers knows the difference between a duck.AriCarruthers knows the difference between a duck.AriCarruthers knows the difference between a duck.AriCarruthers knows the difference between a duck.AriCarruthers knows the difference between a duck.AriCarruthers knows the difference between a duck.AriCarruthers knows the difference between a duck.AriCarruthers knows the difference between a duck.AriCarruthers knows the difference between a duck.

Device: Kindle
Well, the short story to which I was referring is somewhere between horror and drama. Although it is a ghost story, it is not so scary that the reader will be afraid of the dark.

I have written one full-fledged novel (about 65,000 words) that is fantasy.
AriCarruthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #6
Muckraker
Connoisseur
Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:

-Ariel
Check out Critique Circle. I haven't done much there recently but there are a ton of different types of readers doing critiques there. The only negative is that since it's an online workshop there is a good chance that all your readers will also be writers.

I'm not sure if non-writer readers have a watering hole or are interested in critiquing drafts. Would be really cool if there were some though.
Muckraker is offline   Reply With Quote