Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-26-2007, 04:13 PM   #1
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Reading Jane Austen on a BlackBerry

I run a blog for fans of Jane Austen and this popped up on my Google Alerts today:

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....g-jane-au.html

I think he makes a good point that half the battle of e-book acceptance will be giving people books they really want to read. When you're into the story, the method in which you receive the words becomes secondary. I also liked how he enumerated the many advantages of e-books, which everyone at this forum knows well but the average reader, still wary of the idea of "reading on a screen," might not fully understand.

My book group recently read Jane Austen's Emma and I made liberal use of eReader's note function. I liked that I could export the notes to a memo. I'm not sure that is possible with Mobi--is it? It really made things easy for the book group, and the notes are complete with page number so navigating to the section under discussion was very easy as well.

I've also impressed Janeite friends when they were trying to remember a particular passage by looking it up easily and quickly on my Palm while they were still flipping through the book. And to a really dedicated Janeite, it's pretty neat to have all of her books with me at all times.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:17 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I do agree that once you are actually into the story and enjoying it, what medium it's on i going to become secondary to your enjoyment. It's just going ot be foremost after you've finished reading. Especially if it's a paper book you've purchased and then need to find space on the overcrowded bookshelf.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert