Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-05-2008, 01:53 PM   #121
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
All this switching around of avatars is giving me a headache. I think I'll play some soothing music with my new sidekick. Someone said something about avatars with guitars. Careful what you wish for.

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 05-05-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #122
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Awwww..... I would have thought that since this 'avatar of the day' was first posted, it could have 'come to life' with some of your animation skills.

Guess I'll have to wait for your original spinning pinwheel avatar to see some animation... (did I mention that one of my undergrad degrees was a speciality in Computer Graphics!)
have you counted those pinwheels ? i do have a job, you know (alas...). not to worry though, spinny-stop will be back (soon). but i'm sure you only mentioned your degree in computer graphics as a clever way of suggesting we ask you to do it... so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Subliminal messages should be banned .

I can't tell whether it's me talking to me , or vr whispering something in my shell-like .
it's vr. it's always vr. well, in your case, it's usually vr, and sometimes not. it's mostly vr though.

Quote:
p.s. I'm the one in the crowd waving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
From his bathroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
behind the curtain .
Quote:
Now I've got to find a new hiding spot.
i *thought* i could feel eyes on the back of my neck...

Quote:
you're misdirected again, ZP. The trend was not sparked by me all, but by Yvan, as usual: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...672#post172672
It is is Yvan (and sometimes Nate) that stirs up all the trouble in these here parts.
my heavens you're right, we have yvan to thank for the avatar madness ! i should have guessed. merci bien yvan, c'était grave l'éclate ! d'ailleurs c'est pas fini... (sneaky vr, setting up yvan to take the fall...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
All this switching around of avatars is giving me a headache. I think I'll play some soothing music with my new sidekick. Someone said something about avatars with guitars. Careful what you wish for.
wiser words were never spoken. well, rarely. perhaps on occasion. not too often though. wiser words are sometimes spoken, but it's rare, although it has been known to happen, however really not often, and certainly less than once a day. much less. almost never, in fact.

wait let me start that again. wiser words...

watch out planethead, that squirrel has got your taylor... (today, on monty python : how to confuse a cat !)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:09 PM   #123
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
have you counted those pinwheels ? i do have a job, you know (alas...). not to worry though, spinny-stop will be back (soon). but i'm sure you only mentioned your degree in computer graphics as a clever way of suggesting we ask you to do it... so...
It's just a 'lasso without background' and a spin/animate 23 TIMES.... 23 TIMES ...

Child's play for a web designer/graphic artist...

BUT if you want me to prove a theory or so, by all means, I'll step in and supervise...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:40 PM   #124
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I'm really concerned for Cthulhu. Look at his avatar. It looks like it's from a toddler's board book. "Oh, no!", says little Marc, playing together with little Adrian. "It's a cute little Cthulhu, the Old One! What's on the next page?" "Let me see!", says Adrian. "Is it a poussin? Or maybe a puddle canard eating a little blue-finned poison?" "Can I have its intestines, please?", asks Marc. "I want his intestines!!" Anyway, let's seque safely away from there and move on to the possibility of designing an avatar worthy of Chtu...of Ctuhl...CTHLU...The Old One. Now I'm rather fond of this little number. How about you? It looks mighty scary to me. Imagine that comin' at ya! Anyway, please post your ideas here.

Last edited by vivaldirules; 05-05-2008 at 03:49 PM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:43 PM   #125
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
I'm really concerned for Cthulhu. Look at his avatar. It looks like it's from a toddler's board book. "Oh, no!", says little Marc, playing together with little Adrian. "It's a cute little Cthulhu, the Old One! What's on the next page?" "Let me see!", says Adrian. "Is it a poussin? Or maybe a puddle canard eating a little blue-finned poison?" "Can have its intestines, please?", asks Marc. "I want his intestines!!" Anyway, let's seque away from there and move on to the possibility of designing an avatar worthy of Chtu...of Ctuhl...CTHLU...The Old One. Now I'm rather fond of this little number. How about you? It looks mighty scary to me. Imagine that comin' at ya! Anyway, please post your ideas here.
ooh, who's publishing *that* children's book ??? i want to buy it for every child i know.

i second your suggestion for a new avatar for ol' squid bucket (it's easier to spell...) ; that one *is* scarier.

i imagine we'll have more to choose from soon though...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:50 PM   #126
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Now I'm rather fond of this little number. How about you? It looks mighty scary to me. Imagine that comin' at ya! Anyway, please post your ideas here.
Oh yes! I quite like that one. It's snuggly..... and Planethead keeps shying away from me.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:55 PM   #127
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
For some reason the words of that country song, "I'm so much cooler online" keeps running through my head.

I'm a Sci-Fi fanatic
Mild asthmatic
Never been to 2nd base
But there's a whole nother me
That you need to see
Go check out MySpace

It turns girls on that I'm mysterious
I tell 'em I don't want nothing serious
'cause even on a slow day I can have a three way
Chat with two women at one time

I'm so much cooler online
So much cooler online
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:22 PM   #128
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
..... and Planethead keeps shying away from me.
Girl, you so worry me!
Old 05-05-2008, 04:58 PM   #129
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
I'm really concerned for Cthulhu. Look at his avatar. It looks like it's from a toddler's board book.
This may be a kindness on his part. If we could see the full horror of The Old One then we would be utterly consumed with fear (and probably utterly consumed by him as well).
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:04 PM   #130
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
This may be a kindness on his part. If we could see the full horror of The Old One then we would be utterly consumed with fear (and probably utterly consumed by him as well).
Wait, are we talking about Cthulhu or Marc?
Old 05-05-2008, 06:30 PM   #131
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
"I'm so much cooler online"
Yeah. What he said. See .... all these "I luuuv you's " got me some much needed attention.

But I really do enjoy Taylor514ce's poetry. And the sticky notes.....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #132
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:

old codger

That's not you in the chair, is it? Where's the pipe?
Is that an eBook reader he is holding?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:40 PM   #133
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Probably melt our monitors too, I'm just as happy avoiding that.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:31 PM   #134
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
From his bathroom.
Golly you're right he's not waving he's winding again. That explains the pinwheel nest. They're pretty well fed. They eat an amazing amount of wind you know.

Wait! Nick's real name is Eolas. I knew this guy was out of this world!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:43 PM   #135
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Golly you're right he's not waving he's winding again. That explains the pinwheel nest. They're pretty well fed. They eat an amazing amount of wind you know.

Wait! Nick's real name is Eolas. I knew this guy was out of this world!
Ahhhhh......

p.s. that's me fanning; not waving, but maybe winding...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda