Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-20-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
jackhammer
jackhammer began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Question libprs500 and Sony Connect problem

after useing libprs 500 on my prs 505, the sony connect library software hangs every time I hook up my reader
Has anyone else had this problem ?
The only solution I can think of is to reformat my memory on the prs505 tho I would rather not if possible.
if anyone has any idea how to fix this I would apreciate a hand.
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:40 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You should not use both libprs500 and Connect to transfer books to the reader. Just remove the storage card if any and then delete the media.xml file from all locations in the readers main memory (you will lose history. bookmarks, collections). Unplug reader. Reconnect and start the connect software.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #3
jackhammer
jackhammer began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Crud that's bummer they wont work together. So if I want to buy books from the sony store I have to remove those files every time ?
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:30 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No just use windows explorer to copy the purchased books over (I'm not a hundred % sure that will work, but you can try)
Old 11-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #5
splanchnic
Enthusiast
splanchnic is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-505, Ipod Touch
Connect and Calibre

Hi,

Sorry to revive a fairly old thread, but I am just wondering if using Connect and Calibre is a viable approach with a Sony reader. I'm using a Mac and plan to purchase from non-Sony sources and convert with Calibre primarily, but I also have access to Sony Connect through VMware Windows. Sony seems to have some good prices on certain books so I can see myself using their service from time to time. Anyway, can I occasionally buy a book through Sony Connect and drop it into my reader through Windows Explorer without interfering with my Calibre converted library? Or do I have to use the Connect software to put Sony books on my reader. I should mention that I don't even have a reader yet, but I am in that heady research time of gadgetry pre-purchase and am trying to prepare myself for un-boxing day.

Thanks in advance for any help!
splanchnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2008, 02:32 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

yes you can