Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
hippiestarr
hippiestarr began at the beginning.

Device: iphone 4, iPad 3, and Nook Simple Touch
Nook Touch frozen on update screen

Late last night/early this morning my NST showed and update screen.

"Installing ... A new software update is being installed. This will take a few minutes. Please don't turn off your NOOK! We're updating critical systems."

That was over 12 hours ago! How do I make it go away? Surely a 'few minutes' has passed by now.

I've only had the nook for barely a week. I have horrible luck with buying lemons. I certainly hope that isnt the case here.
hippiestarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiestarr View Post
Late last night/early this morning my NST showed and update screen.

"Installing ... A new software update is being installed. This will take a few minutes. Please don't turn off your NOOK! We're updating critical systems."

That was over 12 hours ago! How do I make it go away? Surely a 'few minutes' has passed by now.

I've only had the nook for barely a week. I have horrible luck with buying lemons. I certainly hope that isnt the case here.
Usually when this happens the battery is low.
Connect your Nook to the charger en let it charge for a while.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
hippiestarr
hippiestarr began at the beginning.

Device: iphone 4, iPad 3, and Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
Usually when this happens the battery is low.
Connect your Nook to the charger en let it charge for a while.
No, the battery was fully charged. As a precaution I did plug it up first to double check that before worrying too badly. It wouldn't even respond to being plugged into the computer. I had to call tech support to walk me through rebooting it. Somehow it froze during the update. After figuring out how to force a reboot we had to do the update again. It's working fine now, thank goodness.
hippiestarr is offline   Reply With Quote