Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-14-2007, 10:08 AM   #1
lskao
lskao began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
How can a company keep on lying to customers like this?

DONT BUY THIS GARBAGE WITH SUCH POOR SUPPORT.

I purchased the iLiad in June. At that time I have already mentioned that I need to have the Chinese font installed. The sales replied me that all iLiad sold is the European version and I need to download thru IDS.

When I received the iLiad in early July, I began calling the tech support to ask for changing the font to Chinese. the tech support told me to wait until end of July. The second time I called, he asked me to wait until early August and the third time I called, asked me to wait until the end of August or early Sept. During the third time I already expressed that if I could not have the Chinese font installed, I will return the iLiad and the tech support agreed. Now it is already mid-Sept, the tech support just asked me to wait in early Sept, no refund. When I called yesterday, the tech support said the new version 2.11 has been out and asked me to update. I tried but again I was disappointed yesterday night, no change.

The most angry thing is that someone has the same situation and request as me but he can get solved:

http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?t=1650

I am really disappointed in this company. Don't waste your money.
lskao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:49 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I am sorry to hear, that you had such bad customer support.
It is not the usual as i know, but it might have to do with your request beeing not a typical request.

As far as i know, the programmers at iRex can upload chinese fonts to your iDs account, maybe you should ask on the helpforum from iRex. Maybe Matthijs can help with this.

Where did you purchase your iLiad?
If you send me a PM with your MAC address, i will see if i can do something for you.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2007, 01:17 PM   #3
wagnerian
Musicology Student
wagnerian began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Zaurus C1000
You can manually install Chinese fonts if you disclaim your software warranty and install the Shell Access Package:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Iliad_Software

And below is a script package that installs a Korean font on the iLiad:

http://irexiliad.textcube.com/82

You can install a Chinese font by replacing the mshei.ttf file in the package with a Chinese True Typed Font. The file name of the font must be renamed into mshei.ttf if you want to see Chinese characters on Mobipocket documents.

It is strongly recommended to install the "Unbrickable iLiad" package first, because handling the system fonts is very dangerous.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10225

I had bricked my iLiad several times while testing with fonts, although I'd unbricked it again by the help of the "Unbrickable iLiad" package. Thanks to hudson and Adam B!

Finally, be careful about the copyright of fonts. The mshei.ttf font included in the package is a Korean font (Baekmuk Headline) from public domain.

Last edited by wagnerian; 08-16-2010 at 10:00 PM.
wagnerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:19 PM   #4
lskao
lskao began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
I am sorry to hear, that you had such bad customer support.
It is not the usual as i know, but it might have to do with your request beeing not a typical request.

As far as i know, the programmers at iRex can upload chinese fonts to your iDs account, maybe you should ask on the helpforum from iRex. Maybe Matthijs can help with this.

Where did you purchase your iLiad?
If you send me a PM with your MAC address, i will see if i can do something for you.

I bought the iLiad through the iLiad web site. I sent both emails and telephone called to the tech support. All are official channels.
lskao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:58 AM   #5
KatrinaCardway
eBookStore *****istrator
KatrinaCardway doesn't litterKatrinaCardway doesn't litterKatrinaCardway doesn't litter

Device: Several - Mostly Use Pocket PC - HP6315
Illiad support is a joke

Our experiences with Irex support have been beyond awful. For example it took over a week for them to even answer a support email.

The new blog looks nice, but frankly they would be much better off to use the money to improve customer support!
KatrinaCardway is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert