Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-04-2013, 11:13 PM   #616
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
No
You ran the wrong check
Look at the list in Mobi Checks section
Find Mobi/AZW/AZW3 formats that will not show in the documents folder on an Amazon Fire due to cdetype or ASIN missing/incorrect (with a Fix option below).

If it fixed the problem, how was it the wrong check/fix???
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #617
Hattie
Enthusiast
Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: many
metadata.opf

You know that warning that you're supposed to read before you run this plugin? The one that says:

"Cleanup orphaned opf/jpg files/folders resulting from using Save to Disk followed by Remove from device. Do NOT ever run this against a calibre library folder, it is intended for external save to disk/device folders only."

Yeah. Didn't read it first. Bye bye thousands of .opf files! So... should I restore my library from my backup? I haven't ever had a good understanding of the purpose of the .opf file anyway. When I copy files to another library, that file doesn't go with them, and it isn't included on my device either. These are all epub files so I'm guessing it's all saved to the file, so what's the purpose of keeping the .opf file?

Thank you for your help!
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #618
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
You know that warning that you're supposed to read before you run this plugin? The one that says:

"Cleanup orphaned opf/jpg files/folders resulting from using Save to Disk followed by Remove from device. Do NOT ever run this against a calibre library folder, it is intended for external save to disk/device folders only."

Yeah. Didn't read it first. Bye bye thousands of .opf files! So... should I restore my library from my backup? I haven't ever had a good understanding of the purpose of the .opf file anyway. When I copy files to another library, that file doesn't go with them, and it isn't included on my device either. These are all epub files so I'm guessing it's all saved to the file, so what's the purpose of keeping the .opf file?

Thank you for your help!
Should be no need.
Right click the Library icon: Library Maintenance: Start backing...
Let'r rip (you can use the status choice to see how you are progressing)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #619
Hattie
Enthusiast
Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Thank you, the ducks! Does that mean that the metadata.opf files will be back? Now that they're gone, I kinda miss the little fellas. (Even though I don't know why they're only there part of the time!)
Old 04-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #620
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
Thank you, the ducks! Does that mean that the metadata.opf files will be back? Now that they're gone, I kinda miss the little fellas. (Even though I don't know why they're only there part of the time!)
That is what they are when in the library folders. Backups of the metadata
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #621
Hattie
Enthusiast

Got it. Thank you!
Old 05-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #622
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.9.6 released

Changes in this release:
  • Change for correct support of calibre 0.9.29 virtual libraries feature
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #623
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Loving the plug-in, but was wondering if the different fixes had short-cut keys? I have a lot of work to do. Sigh...
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #624
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
@pghaworth - Go into the plugin's config. You can set short-cut keys for yourself.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #625
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
@pghaworth - Go into the plugin's config. You can set short-cut keys for yourself.
Thanks. Weird. I did look. One more time...

Found it!

Last edited by pghaworth; 05-10-2013 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Brain fart
Old 05-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #626
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Calibre's handling of setting short-cut keys is a little weird. Make sure you hit 'Done' before you switch to a different item or hit OK or your changes won't take.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #627
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Calibre's handling of setting short-cut keys is a little weird. Make sure you hit 'Done' before you switch to a different item or hit OK or your changes won't take.
Made that little mistake, too.

Another quick question for any that know. I want to fix my author names that need conversion from FN LN to LN, FN. Having the keyboard shortcut helps, but is there something that will allow me to search and bring up only authors that are FN LN so that I can do them all at once?

Thanks. Admittedly, still a lot to learn. Is it even possible to learn it all. I used to think so...
Old 05-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #628
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@pghaworth - use Check metadata -> Check authors missing commas
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #629
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Thank you.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #630
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@pghaworth - use Check metadata -> Check authors missing commas
Still having an issue with my folder names. Most of them are now LN, FN but some are LN, FN_. Is there a way to target these and fix them? Thanks.

Wonderful PI. In keeping with no applause, just...

Last edited by pghaworth; 05-10-2013 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Clarity