Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Can the Calibre Reader read AZW3 files?

Hello. When I download files to K4PC, they arrive with names like B000XXXXXX_EBOK.azw. When I import them into Calibre they change to libraryName\authorName\bookname with an extension of either AZW, MOBI or AZW3. AZW or MOBI would view properly with Calibre, but AZW3 would cause an error to the effect that it was an unknown file type. Sure enough, when I looked at one of the problem files, it was an AZW3 file instead of a Kindle Content file. So... I created an association for AZW3 files to open with the Kindle app, like the other files, even though it didn't seem to make a lot of sense. yeah, I heard the one about a little bit of knowledge, but I learn the hard way.

Now I have AZW3 files that open from inside Calibre using K4PC instead of the Calibre Reader, plus the first thing K4PC does is copy the file from the Calibre library back to the K4PC library. This is not what I wanted to do. I guess the first step would be to kill the file association which would get me back to the starting point, but this leaves me with the original problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks, just in case.
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->Behavior and tell calibre to open azw3 files with its internal viewer.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Of course, that worked. :-\

You just make it sound too easy. Guess I'm going to have to go back and read the manual again...

Thanks! :-)
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:12 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
Of course, that worked. :-\

You just make it sound too easy. Guess I'm going to have to go back and read the manual again...

Thanks! :-)
We all do, from time to time...
Kovid keeps changing (for the better) the way things work
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote