Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
trophyman
trophyman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch prs 600
Re: Subs

Greetings All,
I D/L books here for my 85yo dad and he asked if there were any books with submarines in them. I told him I would check so if anyone knows of any free down load e-pubs with subs as a subject matter please let me know. I got him some really good westerns and civil war books here, which he also loves. Problem is he reads about a book a day so he goes through them pretty quick. Thanks so much for this great resource.
trophyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
robkat
Connoisseur
robkat began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300
Try Ebay.
robkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Hi there, if you ask this in the Reading Recommendations section then hopefully someone will be able to help you:

Here is the link https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The obvious one is Jules Verne's "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea", I suppose.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
The following link will give you tons of free ebooks with the word "submarine" in the title:

http://inkmesh.com/search/?qs=submar...nd+Free+Ebooks

Note there are several pages....

Hope it helps.....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 01:00 PM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
The following link will give you tons of free ebooks with the word "submarine" in the title:

http://inkmesh.com/search/?qs=submar...nd+Free+Ebooks

Note there are several pages....

Hope it helps.....
Good idea.

Here are some choices using AddAll eBooks price comparison.

Starting with free books, with a keyword of "submarine" and readable on the Sony Readers.

http://ebooks.addall.com/Search/eboo...gifields=sites

There may be some geographical restrictions. You may have to narrow down your search by selecting only eBook retailers in your country.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Of course, not all books involving submarines will have the word in the title . Eg, an excellent modern one is Tom Clancy's "The Hunt for Red October".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:49 PM   #8
mark_1903
mark_1903 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-300
I would recommend Patrick Robinson books, They all have a navy them and are mostly related to submarines. I have read them all and would highly recommend either Barracuda 945 or Nimitz Class. I have found all of his books highly enjoyable!

I read them all before i got my reader so don't know if you can get them for free as ebooks but i think they would worth the cost of paying.
mark_1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:49 PM   #9
anurag
Addict
anurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 1 and DX, iPhone
Here's another Inkmesh link for free submarine ebooks (using the subject search)

http://inkmesh.com/search/?qs=subjec...nd+Free+Ebooks

Free Navy books: http://inkmesh.com/search/?qs=subjec...nd+Free+Ebooks

A couple of other u-boat ebooks:

Diary of a U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Hunters

And here's The Hunt for Red October, not free though.

Hope this helps.
anurag is offline   Reply With Quote