Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #31
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Hi, you can find a pre-compiled APK in the "Releases" tab on GitHub: https://github.com/pettarin/epub3reader/releases

Please also note that I am actually polishing the students' code, since we are going to get a new group of students to work on it --- by the end of March there will be a significantly better release.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:17 PM   #32
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
Hi, you can find a pre-compiled APK in the "Releases" tab on GitHub: https://github.com/pettarin/epub3reader/releases

Please also note that I am actually polishing the students' code, since we are going to get a new group of students to work on it --- by the end of March there will be a significantly better release.
Thank you very much and I'll be waiting for the new release

Regards
Rubén
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2014, 02:04 PM   #33
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Wow, look at all I've missed! ;-)

For some reason, I often don't get notifications that posts have been made in a thread I think I'm watching. Apologies to anyone who's posted directly to me, that I appear to have ignored. That certainly wasn't intentional. I really need to settle down and read the thread properly.

In the meantime:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
Sounds like a FANTASTIC project!

May I ask what the source document is that you are working from?
Tex, thank you so much for this. That's an amazing post, and I need to settle in for a read and reply properly.

In my case, the texts I'm using are old hardcover books of stories in Scots Gaelic, some meant as storybooks and some intended as primers for students of the language in school. They're out of print and out of copyright, but useful for practising comprehension and learning idioms.

Well, I've got some reading to do! Thanks for your replies, folks. I'll be back!
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:58 PM   #34
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
For some reason, I often don't get notifications that posts have been made in a thread I think I'm watching. Apologies to anyone who's posted directly to me, that I appear to have ignored. That certainly wasn't intentional. I really need to settle down and read the thread properly.
Also, press on the User CP button - Edit Options - and look for "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Make sure it is set to something other than "Do not subscribe".

Click image for larger version

Name:	DefaultThreadSubscription.png
Views:	197
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	120288

Then, every time I get on MobileRead, I just push the User CP button, and you can instantly see any threads that you have posted in with NEW POSTS:

Click image for larger version

Name:	SubscribedThreads.png
Views:	184
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	120289

I go and read all of those first, do my replies, and then go about my day reading the rest of the topics.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:28 PM   #35
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Thanks Tex,
Yep I've checked my User CP in the past, and my default notification is set to an instant e.mail. but they don't seem to be being generated.

Also, in this thread (for example), if i look in the Thread Tools menu, the option is there to "unsubscribe", which means the system acknowledges I'm already subscribed. So it's all a bit strange.

Every bit of mail I receive comes to my inbox — I don't have any spam filtering enabled, either in my local client or at my ISP, because I don't have confidence in the filtering. When I've worked in places where the filtering was set at a system level, there were always important e.mails being caught in the traps and raising havoc. I'd rather see all the mail I receive.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2014, 03:37 AM   #36
seanos
Zealot
seanos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Aura H2O, LG V20
Sometimes Mobileread does need to be reminded of its settings. I had that problem early on, but I seem to get notifications OK now.

Is fìor-bheag Gàidhlig a tha agam ach tha ùidh agam ann an leabhar agat. I have a completely undated book my mother got as a schoolgirl somewhere around 1930 that I’ve toyed with ePub-izing, but it’s copyright is a bit murky - Litridheacht na Gaedhilge (i.e. Gàidhlig na h-Èireann).

It’s amazing how helpful people are here, but also amazing how quickly they ‘geeked out’ over your thread!

You’re not going to find a neat solution, but you probably know that. I think alternating lines or paras could work OK. The English could also be made slightly smaller, maybe italic, maybe right aligned.

A much more labour-intensive possibility would be to have back-and-forth links to a parallel English chapter. Harder to set up and maintain, but it would keep the main text uninterrupted.

I think any solution that would require a PC or large screen begs the question, why EPUB and not HTML?

Also more labour-intensive, but you could produce an uglier, more compatible version and a fancier one.
seanos is offline   Reply With Quote