Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-03-2014, 10:21 PM   #1
drdtyc
drdtyc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T2
Help: ContentService has stopped unexpectedly

I copied a epub ebook from Calibre on my PC to PRS-T2 manually via a usb cable by dragging and dropping the ebook from a Windows folder to a T2 folder D:Sony_Reader/media/books. (D: is the T2 drive seen by Windows).

When I unplug the usb cable, this message box on the T2 comes up:
"The application ContentService has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."
I have to press the "Force Close" button in the message box to have the box dismissed.

After that, I cannot see the added ebook on the Bookshelves of the T2.

When I replug the usb cable, I can see from my PC that the ebook is in the D:Sony_Reader/media/books folder of the T2.

The added ebook just cannot be displayed on the bookshelves of the T2.

I have power off the T2 and then power it back on.
The above same message box reappear.
After dismissing the message box, the bookshelves is not refreshed with the added ebook.

How to fix this problem?
drdtyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:56 AM   #2
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
Resetting the Defaults worked for me, but not for others with the same problem. There are other options in this thread too.

Good luck - I know your frustration.
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2014, 01:47 PM   #3
drdtyc
drdtyc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharphamster View Post
Resetting the Defaults worked for me, but not for others with the same problem.
Your trick works fine on the T2 for me.
Thanks!
drdtyc is offline   Reply With Quote