Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-10-2016, 01:34 AM   #31
Vladi69
Enthusiast
Vladi69 began at the beginning.

Device: PW3, Kobo Glo HD
ok, thank you man
Vladi69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 02:14 AM   #32
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Aeris' Battery % indicator lives properly in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225232

And it is already known to be incompatible with fw>=5.6.5
We are still waiting for someone who actually owns the device/fw combo to actually look at it and figure out how to fix it.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2021, 01:07 AM   #33
atonement
Zealot
atonement began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
It doesn't show up in a jailbroken KPW3 running FW 5.10.3. Battery Status folder is present in the extensions folder.
atonement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:15 PM   #34
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Check the OP's date. Check today's date.

Then remember:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
A couple things to remember, though: As there's been a long history of various Kindle models and FW, some things may only target and/or behave properly on some specific models and/or FW versions. The documentation may not be any help in making you aware of that fact, especially for older stuff (the original author may be inactive, and even if he isn't, making sure stuff works everywhere and/or document it is a *lot* of work).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 07:15 AM   #35
atonement
Zealot

Oh. That's unfortunate. I was quite interested to check the current battery capacity.
Advert
Old 04-04-2021, 10:20 AM   #36
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Helper KUAL extension has a button that'll print a basic recap of the battery status, IIRC.
Old 04-06-2021, 01:12 AM   #37
atonement
Zealot

I checked and at least in my case there appears to be no such button entry.
Old 04-06-2021, 12:34 PM   #38
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Woops, it's not in Helper, it's in a dedicated KUAL extension called... BatteryStatus (also in the snapshots).

It just happens to plug into the Helper menu .
Old 04-07-2021, 12:47 AM   #39
atonement
Zealot

Quote:
Woops, it's not in Helper, it's in a dedicated KUAL extension called... BatteryStatus (also in the snapshots).

It just happens to plug into the Helper menu .
It works! Thanks a lot. Mine shows 1344mAh. I guess its OK for a 1.5 year device that was bought refurbished (practically brand new though). Even more interesting is the battery temp. I will check how hot it gets after reading for sometime under direct sunlight with ambient temps. exceeding mid-thirties.
Edit: Cycle count is only 13. I guess I need to use the Kindle more or maybe need to devote more time to reading.
Edit2: Battery capacity after letting it sit plugged for sometime after reaching 100% is at 1451mAh vs 1408mAh rated capacity. I guess it's a normal variation?

Last edited by atonement; 04-07-2021 at 02:35 AM.
Old 04-07-2021, 01:42 AM   #40
atonement
Zealot

Is it possible to limit battery charge to say 80%? In rooted Android devices the control file usually exists in sys/class/power_supply/battery but here that does not seem to be the case.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:27 AM   #41
atonement
Zealot

I am glad that this extension worked. Otherwise I could have really damaged the battery reading under direct sunlight. Temps. shot up from 28°C indoors to 48°C in a little over 20 minutes. I didn't dare to test it any further. In Android devices charging is stopped when battery temp. reaches 50°C to prevent irreversible damage. I had put a pretty thick case but its removal didn't do much if at all. However a USB Fan was able to stabilize temps. at 40.5°C. Peak ambient temp. at 35°C.
Old 12-16-2023, 09:26 AM   #42
sarigabor
Enthusiast
sarigabor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5
Kindle PW5 - tested, working good

Quote:
Tested on a K2/3/4/Touch/PW/PW2 .
Today, tested on PW5 (5.16.2.11)
Attached Thumbnails