Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Tapestry Screen Swipe Scrolling

Is there any way to turn Tapestry screens into individual pages instead of a continuous, very inaccurate, scrolling screen? Or at least to have it only scroll for 4 grids (the width of two Tapestries) on a swipe instead of its current behaviour of scrolling until it *passes* the first row of icons it finds (in the next set of 4 grids), putting them offscreen? :/

Frankly, each 4x4 grid should be discrete pages instead of continuously scrolling - very annoying behaviour. This is especially bad for widgets...

Or am I right in my thinking that this is just a rather blatant way to try and get people to put everything inside Tapestries (instead of on the main screen where they belong), probably for better categorization by Discovery?

Frankly, I'm on the verge of installing a new launcher (though I'd rather just go with the default Android launcher, if at all possible). Tapestries has quickly become an irritant.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Arc
Tapestries are meant to be able to add as much as you want to them.

The behaviour you described is just like a standard android launcher. While I can see why some people prefer that, it's not the experience we wanted.

The scrolling in tapestries is as fast as you swipe. The space at the end is to always show users that there is extra space to add more.

I'm curious to see if others are having the same issues.
Kobo-Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
It's not the space at the end that's the problem - it's when I do what comes naturally, a fast swipe, that it keeps going beyond the next full page (2x2 tapestries, 4x4 icons), sending the first row of icons it reaches off the screen (eg, from the Home tapestry, I swipe left and it will stop with the leftmost icons it reaches off the left side... Wish I had a video cam of some sort to make a video of it to demonstrate. :/
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote