Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-17-2015, 01:55 AM   #1
Kiepersol
Kiepersol began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
ePub to Mobi loses Diagrams

The diagrams and table borders (visible in ePub version) are not visible in Mobi version when using Calibre to convert. What am I doing wrong? I am using a Windows 7 PC to convert and Kindle on PC to read.
Kiepersol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 01:56 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Convert to azw3 instead.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 02:49 AM   #3
Kiepersol

Thank you for your quick response. It is much appreciated.
I have tried this recommendation now. The table borders do appear now, put the diagrams still doesn't appear in the new format. I see the title of the diagram (Figure 2.2 Title) with a link to the diagram, bit the actual diagram is not displayed in the conversion. Even if I click on the link, it still does not show the diagram.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:01 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Then follow the instructions here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186697
Old 07-18-2015, 09:16 AM   #5
Kiepersol

Conversion Log & Examples of Conversion

Conversion log and example pages of problem conversion attached. I did not change any conversion parameters.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Converrsion Log.txt (17.4 KB, 810 views)
File Type: pdf Example of Text conversion EPub to AZW3.pdf (543.4 KB, 185 views)
Old 07-18-2015, 11:38 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I need an actual epub file that demonstrates the issue.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:21 AM   #7
Kiepersol

It is a textbook that I purchased from an ebook supplier. Can I just post it on this forum as an attachment? Will it not jeopardise the intehrity?
Old 07-19-2015, 10:06 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiepersol View Post
It is a textbook that I purchased from an ebook supplier. Can I just post it on this forum as an attachment? Will it not jeopardise the intehrity?
DO NOT POST that HERE. You will be banned.

Open a Trouble Ticket (bugs) at the Calibre download site.
Mark the attachment PRIVATE
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:05 AM   #9
Kiepersol

Thx for the feedback. I have reported a problem on the Calibre site. I have marked it as Private.

Tags
diagrams, epub, mobi