Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-27-2014, 02:14 PM   #1
Spotsmom
Spotsmom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 WiFi
Sorry, got K3 & need jailbreak files

I just got a K3 running 3.4 and can't find the appropriate jailbreak files, probably since it's an older model. I had a K3 once (and why didn't I keep those jailbreak files?) and it was a very simple download that worked well. I'm not very crazy about downloading accompanying software to get these files.

Any help?
Spotsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:37 PM   #2
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88004
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:41 PM   #3
Spotsmom

I went through that thread, and unfortunately can't get those files to open anymore. Probably because the model is so old.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:47 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotsmom View Post
I went through that thread, and unfortunately can't get those files to open anymore. Probably because the model is so old.
The jailbreak archive downloads and opens just fine here.

Which of the *.bin files in the archive are you trying to install?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:23 PM   #5
Spotsmom

Kindle 3 for WiFi. I should note that I thought I had the right files from my previous K3 and I put them in the root of my Kindle, but after I disconnected the Kindle the "Update My Kindle" option was greyed out. I had only a "linkss" file.

Thanks for your help!
Old 02-27-2014, 06:02 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Kindle 3 for WiFi. I should note that I thought I had the right files from my previous K3 and I put them in the root of my Kindle, but after I disconnected the Kindle the "Update My Kindle" option was greyed out. I had only a "linkss" file.

Thanks for your help!
**WHICH** K3-Wifi file ?
There is more than one and they depend on which firmware you are running.
The notes in the jailbreak spoiler and the information in the read me files will help.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:03 PM   #7
Spotsmom

Sorry to be so dumb. The firmware is 3.4 Does that help?
Old 02-27-2014, 06:05 PM   #8
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Sorry to be so dumb. The firmware is 3.4 Does that help?
Does it help you? Your the one that has to pick the correct file.
Just follow the directions.