Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-23-2013, 05:48 AM   #16
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
OK. I don't want to participate in hacking of the C part (it's bo-o-ring, ti-i-iring and I ain't even use luakit), but you should look at update in my previous post.

UPD: as keyboard could be invoked through LIPC, information on accessing LIPC from Lua might be useful.
Yup. I noted the previous - update.
Thanks very much for the heads up. Very good of you.

And for the extra info on lipc via LUA.

I too will be unlikely to actually use this day-to-day, just value adding the midori bundle.

Thanks again!
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:57 AM   #17
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
... does excellent code example...

Also:
Code:
$ luakit --version
luakit 039e319
Noted and used.

Hero as ever,

Will update the version.

Code:
window.init_funcs["handle click on status bar (except of part filled by selectable labels)"] =
  function (w)
    w.sbar.ebox:add_signal("button-release", function (v, mods, button, context)
        luakit.spawn("/mnt/us/extensions/luakit/usr/bin/toggleKeys")  
    end)
  end
Old 10-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #18
twobob

https://github.com/mason-larobina/luakit/pull/177

see if we can use this to handle the file dialogs...

https://github.com/mason-larobina/luakit/pull/177/files

He mentions an issue where filechoosers - at some point following prolonged operation - fail to show - but - frankly that is an improvement on what we have now

Last edited by twobob; 10-23-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:13 AM   #19
twobob

well bumwits.

clib/filechooser.h:28:45: fatal error: webkit/webkitfilechooserrequest.h: No such file or directory

and its not wrong...

libwebkit didnt expose this header in 1.8.1 scratch that idea.

Dammit
Old 10-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #20
twobob

so. looks like a recompiled webkit is the best/only solution I can think of to fix the default "Upload File" name issue, for this (even though Midori could allow us the subscribe/custom handle the event)

"Monolithic Biaviacide" it is then...
(or I suppose monolapidary biaviacide depending on your bent)

Last edited by twobob; 10-25-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #21
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
i am past ready to suppliment this DXG browser.
unfortunetly - the DXG browser will not download it.
groan.

would chat about it - but no javascript in DXG browser.

i may die of internet withdrawal -
or go do something foolish to the telco office.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #22
twobob

"Going Telco" is the new Postal

Sorry to hear of your internet mishaps. Damn you Digital Age!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #23
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post

Right!

At a "Free Wifi" place with my HP-2133 -
The Wifi may be free, but the food sure isn't!

When, if ever, TelCo gets the service at my house fixed . . . .
Old 10-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #24
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post

ya know, I'm a US Postal worker...

knc1 - I thought you'd at least have fiber to the home!
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #25
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
ya know, I'm a US Postal worker...

knc1 - I thought you'd at least have fiber to the home!
That is twobob who is on fiber at home.
I am still waiting for them to replace the paper insulated cable with plastic insulated cable.

I did two things yesterday that might have had an effect on my home service -
I paid my bill (the shock @ TelCo might have had far reaching effects) -
and/or
I ordered another data land-line at a second address this week,
they quoted me a flat rate $15 fee for the installation -
when last seen, TelCo was out trenching in 1/4 mile of new cable to reach the building (all for $15).
Could I have pissed someone off?
Old 10-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #26
twobob

Now, That is 15 bucks WELL spent...
Old 10-26-2013, 08:04 AM   #27
knc1
Going Viral

Choice B
I pissed someone off.

A disconnect order was accidently placed on my first, home, data line.

I can not imagine anyone abusing 3G with this DXG browser! !
Old 10-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #28
twobob

I recall a buddy of mine saying a much similar sentence.

"I can not imagine anyone using 3G with this DXG browser! !"

Glad they sorted the connection.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #29
knc1
Going Viral

Sorted?

I think the guy who had to bury a 1\4 mile of cable for $15 is in charge of turning the service back on.
He may still be pissed off at me.

C.S. says they are now lock out of the account.
That is probably not good news.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #30
twobob

Damn. that doesn't sound like a good thing. No.

I managed to build a version 1.8.2 of libwebkit last night while recovering my setup.

Err. Yeah. 482 mb is a little bit too big though might have to check the options I selected :P

and try again.

Last edited by twobob; 10-27-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Tags
luakit.