it enables me to sort TITLE strictly_alphabetic

many thanks for your support ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	243
Size:	772.6 KB
ID:	111555  

Last edited by jcarlier; 09-19-2013 at 11:54 AM.
jcarlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
jcarlier
jcarlier began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
I found a solution :

use 'Sqlite database browser ' for browsing metadata.db and make a sql command for replacing ...

but if you have another solution ...
Old 09-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
crdf
Connoisseur
crdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch
Not sure if this is what you are asking for, but this seems a language problem.

Preferences->Advanced->Tweaks->Set the list of words cosidered to be "articles" for sort strings

per_language_title_sort_articles = {
# English
'eng' : (r'A\s+', r'The\s+', r'An\s+'),
# French
'fra' : (r'Le\s+', r'La\s+', r"L'", r'Les\s+', r'Un\s+', r'Une\s+',
r'Des\s+', r'De\s+La\s+', r'De\s+', r"D'"),
}
default_language_for_title_sort = None
title_sort_articles=r'^(A|The|An)\s+'

More languages here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/customize.html
crdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
jcarlier

i have :
# Indiquer la liste des mots considérés comme des "articles" pour les chaines de tri

per_language_title_sort_articles = {'ron': ('Un\\s+', 'O\\s+', 'Ni\xc5\x9fte\\s+'), 'tur': ('Bir\\s+',), 'por': ('A\\s+', 'O\\s+', 'Os\\s+', 'As\\s+', 'Um\\s+', 'Uns\\s+', 'Uma\\s+', 'Umas\\s+'), 'ita': ('Lo\\s+', 'Il\\s+', "L'", 'La\\s+', 'Gli\\s+', 'I\\s+', 'Le\\s+'), 'nld': ('De\\s+', 'Het\\s+', 'Een\\s+', "'n\\s+", "'s\\s+", 'Ene\\s+', 'Ener\\s+', 'Enes\\s+', 'Den\\s+', 'Der\\s+', 'Des\\s+', "'t\\s+"), 'spa': ('El\\s+', 'La\\s+', 'Lo\\s+', 'Los\\s+', 'Las\\s+', 'Un\\s+', 'Una\\s+', 'Unos\\s+', 'Unas\\s+'), 'fra': ('Le\\s+', 'La\\s+', "L'", 'Les\\s+', 'Un\\s+', 'Une\\s+', 'Des\\s+', 'De\\s+La\\s+', 'De\\s+', "D'"), 'ell': ('O\\s+', 'I\\s+', 'To\\s+', 'Ta\\s+', 'Tus\\s+', 'Tis\\s+', "'Enas\\s+", "'Mia\\s+", "'Ena\\s+", "'Enan\\s+"), 'eng': ('A\\s+', 'The\\s+', 'An\\s+'), 'swe': ('En\\s+', 'Ett\\s+', 'Det\\s+', 'Den\\s+', 'De\\s+'), 'deu': ('Der\\s+', 'Die\\s+', 'Das\\s+', 'Den\\s+', 'Ein\\s+', 'Eine\\s+', 'Einen\\s+', 'Dem\\s+', 'Des\\s+', 'Einem\\s+', 'Eines\\s+'), 'hun': ('A\\s+', 'Az\\s+', 'Egy\\s+'), 'afr': ("'n\\s+", 'Die\\s+')}

default_language_for_title_sort = None

title_sort_articles = '^(A|The|An)\\s+'

for the new entries ==> ok

but i have to change the old ones in db
Old 09-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
So use the Update title sort option in the bulk metadata edit dialog.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I feel slow, I haven't scrolled down the Bulk metadata update window in a very long time. Not only did I discover the Update title sort option but a couple of other things I didn't realize existed.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:23 AM   #7
jcarlier

have you the same solution for Author ???
Old 09-20-2013, 04:25 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlier View Post

have you the same solution for Author ???
Yes.

Select a couple of books and actually look at the Bulk metadata edit window.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:36 AM   #9
jcarlier

i don't see where you can replace 'sort on author' by 'author' on Bulk metadata edit window

see hard copy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	277
Size:	571.9 KB
ID:	111595  
Old 09-20-2013, 04:51 AM   #10
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
It is a combination of first applying the tweak and then updating the titles using the bulk edit metadata dialog. Otherwise only new or manually edited titles use the tweak.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:53 AM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
i don't see where you can replace 'sort on author' by 'author' on Bulk metadata edit window

see hard copy
The one right under the Authors box (I won't try the French ).
That works even if you enter nothing else on the form because it reads Authors and calculate the sort based upon the current (Tweaks) Rule
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:54 AM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
The Search and Replace tab (bulk metadata edit window) should work for this, but you'll need someone else to guide you if you need help.

You can go the other way (from Author_sort to Author) by going to the tag browser, right clicking on Author and selecting Manage Authors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The one right under the Authors box (I won't try the French ).
That works even if you enter nothing else on the form because it reads Authors and calculate the sort based upon the current (Tweaks) Rule
He doesn't want to set Author_sort he wants to mass copy Author to Author_sort.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-20-2013 at 05:00 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:17 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post

He doesn't want to set Author_sort he wants to mass copy Author to Author_sort.
If the author_sort_copy_method tweak is 'Copy', that will be the result of Automatically setting (from Authors)

I use this all the time to get rid of the Red's detected by the QC PI
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:25 AM   #14
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If the author_sort_copy_method tweak is 'Copy', that will be the result of Automatically setting (from Authors)

I use this all the time to get rid of the Red's detected by the QC PI
Excellent, so walk him through the tweak and he should be all set.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:51 AM   #15
jcarlier

thanks but ..

ok for the new entries but quid for the old ones ??