Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #151
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What I do is check the device's version and click on system update. When it gives the old "you are up to date message", I just reboot the device. The OTA update comes through immediately thereafter most of the time in my experiences.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #152
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
What I do is check the device's version and click on system update. When it gives the old "you are up to date message", I just reboot the device. The OTA update comes through immediately thereafter most of the time in my experiences.
I just did that (again) after reading your post. Still reports 4.1.1.

I am rooted and I flashed the latest (at the time) clockwork recovery. Does that prevent firmware upgrades?

EDIT: I also changed the screen DPI config so I can landscape the desktop. That would be redundant now that it is built into the new firmware upgrade. It seems strange that it would report 4.1.1 as "up to date" instead of giving some kind of error message.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-15-2012 at 12:01 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #153
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
You may have better luck getting help at xda-developers.com as there are plenty of people who have rooted there nexus there mate.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1677
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #154
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksaber35 View Post
You may have better luck getting help at xda-developers.com as there are plenty of people who have rooted there nexus there mate.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1677
I do not really need the update that much. I was just reporting my status here. It looks like it took multiple attempts for others too.

And, yes, I do have an xda-developers account too...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #155
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi All.. I got automatic update notification yesterday afternoon upon turning on my device.. now landscape mode on home screens.. Nice..
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #156
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
Hi All.. I got automatic update notification yesterday afternoon upon turning on my device.. now landscape mode on home screens.. Nice..
I totally love being able to use the home screens in landscape mode. I was forever flipping my Nexus into landscape before realising when the icons/screens didn't move and having to flip it back into portrait.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #157
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I do not really need the update that much. I was just reporting my status here. It looks like it took multiple attempts for others too.

And, yes, I do have an xda-developers account too...
I did need the update, as my nexus was hit by the nasty lag bug when it was close to full. Since I was already running a custom rom, I flashed via CWM a stock rooted ROM, as opposed to the OTA update. Easiest way to upgrade imo

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1929270
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #158
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
I did need the update, as my nexus was hit by the nasty lag bug when it was close to full. Since I was already running a custom rom, I flashed via CWM a stock rooted ROM, as opposed to the OTA update. Easiest way to upgrade imo

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1929270
Is that "Odexed," as in indexed by Odin (or Odin'd generally)?
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #159
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Is that "Odexed," as in indexed by Odin (or Odin'd generally)?
Odex is the stock way a rom comes. It runs faster and takes up more space I think.

Deodex disassembles the odexed file into different places, it takes up less space, it runs a bit slower, but it can be themed by rom developers.

Odin is a different beast altogether which is a PC program that allows one to write ROMS/Kernels directly from PC to a samsung phone.

Or at least that is my current take on the matter
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #160
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
There are stronger rumours that the 16GB model will be replaced with a 32GB at the same price point of $250. However, the $25 voucher for the play store is supposed to have ended (though some people are still getting it), so it turns out to be roughly the same deal, $225 for 16GB vs $250 for 32GB.

Source
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:41 PM   #161
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
There are stronger rumours that the 16GB model will be replaced with a 32GB at the same price point of $250. However, the $25 voucher for the play store is supposed to have ended (though some people are still getting it), so it turns out to be roughly the same deal, $225 for 16GB vs $250 for 32GB.

Source
Without a card slot, 32GB will work for me.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #162
Martyd
Zealot
Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard,nexus 7,Kindle Voyage
Quote:

Source
Can't say I see it that way. I don't see the credit as part of the price. It could take some time for me to use the credit. As far as I'm concerned I paid $250 for 16GB, period.
Martyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:08 AM   #163
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyd View Post
Can't say I see it that way. I don't see the credit as part of the price. It could take some time for me to use the credit. As far as I'm concerned I paid $250 for 16GB, period.
I agree with you. I generally don't buy digital content. I go for the free stuff. Occasionally, I'll get $1 Kindle books or classical albums.

I look at the $25 credit as a freebie to be used for stuff I wouldn't normally buy.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #164
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
Odin is a different beast altogether which is a PC program that allows one to write ROMS/Kernels directly from PC to a samsung phone.
I'm well aware of what Odin is, having had to use it a few times. I just hadn't come across the terms Odexed and Deodexed applied to ROMs. Using older ROMs on my hoary Galaxy S, I hadn't seen any links that made the distinction.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #165
Conor
Groupie
Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kobo Touch
Quote:

Source
It's in the UK Argos Christmas catalogue too for £199.99 (the 16GB price) with the catalogue number 508/9325. Not yet on the Argus website.
Conor is offline   Reply With Quote