Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #46
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Yes
Okay, will work on getting it uploaded somewhere..
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #47
BrianG8
BrianG8 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3G+WiFi
Thank you so much!!
BrianG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #48
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Please remove the download URL from the posts above (including the quoted messages that contain it). Direct download links to images violate forum rules, which is why we put non-clickable URLs in a pastebin page. Thanks.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #49
BrianG8

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
Okay, will work on getting it uploaded somewhere..
Any luck finding a place to upload the image?
Old 08-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #50
BrianG8

Maybe upload it to a torrent site?
As popular as the Kindle is, you would think that the file would be somewhere else other than that 1 site.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #51
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can put images on MediaFire.com (free sign up), then PM me the URL to add to the pastebin.com page. We do not want to publish URLs to images in this forum (rule violation).

It would be better to have each image stored at multiple places (different domain name), and also to have the pastebin page stored other places too.

Pastebin.com cannot be accessed from some countries, so other places would be good.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #52
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes I am aware of that -- I was just trying to get it on a server that I trust more, but the server seems to be down.
Also, I don't have access to the image right now -- I will access to the computer with the image on it Monday.

Last edited by qlob; 08-11-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #53
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Pastebin.com cannot be accessed from some countries
from Turkey, too
I can get access through hidemyass though: tinyurl.com/kindleimagestr
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #54
molineli
molineli began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I downloaded the file from the previous link to dropbox, uncompressed it (apparently without problem) in my iMac and flashed it with ATK.

The process finished without any trouble; but now my kindle is in an even worse state than before. I mean the reader re-started until the progress bar reach a 20% or 25% of the total; now it stops before the bar even appears.
After that I checked the .zip file (the one I have downloaded before) in XP with Winzip and it said it is corrupted.

So I think the file was always bad, although my iMac did not give me any warning.

I will wait for new links.

Last edited by molineli; 08-12-2012 at 12:20 PM.
molineli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #55
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Another one of those mind-dump posts.
Please investigate if the new-line key, sometimes labeled "Enter" on your keyboard works.
Do not be afraid to use it, whitespace is cheap on this site.

Last edited by knc1; 08-14-2012 at 04:06 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #56
qlob
Official Lurker

After fighting with my schedule (and my UUIDs (it's a long story)) I am at a computer, and have the image with me. I'm uploading the file as we speak, and will PM GeekMaster with the link when the Upload finishes. Due to my extremely unstable internet, it might take a while. (this is dasmoover's original mmcblk0p1-img along with the offsets, "tar geezeeed" to quote twobob .
Old 08-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #57
molineli
molineli began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thank you very much indeed. We are waiting for you.
molineli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #58
geekmaster

I will add the link to the pastebin when I get the PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #59
qlob
Official Lurker

I have left it to upload, but due to my schedule, I will not be able to access that computer until tomorrow. I will be able to tell when it's done tonight, but will not be able to set it up for public consumption. Sorry for the wait, but between my servers going down, my HDDs getting wiped and recovered, with broken UUIDs, and extreme mistrust of public upload sites, It almost seems like the world is against me uploading this file... I will post when i see it is done.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #60
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@qlob: Lemme guess, the infamous mdadm/RAID kernel bug? That was fun.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debrick, debricking, howto, kindle 3