Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony 650 and Cool-er
Emails to Kobo help

I have had to email the Kobo Customer Services a few times and my experience is they never read my email properly. At first I always receive a personalised generic reply.
My problems could never have been solved by the help area and when i have taken care to write an email stating the facts the frustration is enormous when the reply tells you something you have stated isn't possible/there/working. I am now on my 3rd email about missing books...
Anyone else had the same misery with their emails not being read properly?
I know Kobo people look at this forum perhaps they could take note. Perhaps this should be a poll.....
Orn8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Yup. Very frustrating when you are actually helping them/saving them time by trying the obvious solutions first and they ignore that and give you an answer that's often unrelated. I still have a niggling suspicion that they actually have a computer program that reads the 1st attempt at contacting them and you don't even get a live person looking at it until at least your 1st reply to their response.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
leslie_ms
leslie_ms has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leslie_ms has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leslie_ms has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leslie_ms has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi, Kobo Touch, Kobo for Android
I've noticed that too. I suspect that emails are being "read" by a bot and the replies are based on keywords.

It's more than a little frustrating. I once threw an email tantrum over it. Not my finest hour but it got a human looking at the email.
leslie_ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #4
Speckled28
Speckled28 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
My most recent email from them seemed very generic as well. It didn't address any of the things I had mentioned being wrong with it.....at all. They just told me to reset......as if I hadn't already tried/thought of that.
Speckled28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:12 AM   #5
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

Thanks for letting me know I am not the only one annoyed by Kobo's responses. I chose Kobo over Amazon as my needs for my reader are simple, buy book and read it. I haven't purchased from anywhere but Kobo but i should possibly learn how to! Email is the contact option for Kobo Customer Services and it's downright rude not to read the customers problem.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #6
nanab9876
nanab9876 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nanab9876 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nanab9876 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo
I find it is much easier to phone them and keep them on the line until the problem is solved. Usually get it fixed in 5 - 10 minutes instead of days.
nanab9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
renee0986
Enthusiast
renee0986 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
I've emailed Kobo help twice. Both times I received almost the same solution to two different issues. After expression frustration that their suggestions did not correct the issue I was passed onto Tier 2 help.

Tier two seems to be a little more personal and helpful. Although their reponses often come with a longer wait time. When it's all said and done they still correct the issue although not too promptly. However, I have a vox so after buying a new device I fully expect there to be bugs and therefore delays in the speed of response from their help service.

Despite these little hiccups I don't think it would prevent me from purchasing whatever wonderful Kobo devices come out in the future.
renee0986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #8
Orn8one
Groupie

Still waiting for a Tier 2 response 3days on. I agree the imperfect customer service would not stop anyone buying a Kobo but if I was struggling between two similar products previous poor experience would be a factor in my decision.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:35 AM   #9
Orn8one
Groupie

Still waiting for Kobo Customer Service to actually be a service.
My problem was two books 'disappearing' from my Kobo Web Library. This was not my doing and I did wonder if they had a copyright issue as the books are nos 1&2 in a series and Kobo don't offer 3, they have 4 but not all of the others up to 12.
One email I received stated that 'they could see I had purchased my books' yet 2 days ago I was asked to send screenshots of my orders. I sent them straightaway but what agro!
10 days on and problem (not of my making) unsolved.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #10
renee0986
Enthusiast
renee0986 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
It took about a week each time for Tier 2 to get back to me about my inquiry. So I suspect you will have a few more days of waiting yet.
renee0986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #11
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orn8one View Post
Still waiting for Kobo Customer Service to actually be a service.
My problem was two books 'disappearing' from my Kobo Web Library. This was not my doing and I did wonder if they had a copyright issue as the books are nos 1&2 in a series and Kobo don't offer 3, they have 4 but not all of the others up to 12.
One email I received stated that 'they could see I had purchased my books' yet 2 days ago I was asked to send screenshots of my orders. I sent them straightaway but what agro!
10 days on and problem (not of my making) unsolved.
You've probably been through all this already, but just in case...

0. Login to your account on kobobooks.com
1. Are your books listed here? If not, what about here, or here?

If they are on the purchased list then select the book, click the magenta "Bookmark" button, then click "Yes" on the "bookmark page one" option. book should appear on I'm Reading list

If they are on the trash list, select the book, tap undelete and it should add the book to the I'm Reading list.

If they aren't on any of those lists, go here and see if the book is listed. click on the title of the book and see if it takes you to the books item page, or if it gives some kind of error. If it gives an error then the book is probably removed (if you could send me the name and author of the book that would be great).
If it is visible there should be an item say it's in your Library under the book cover image.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #12
ppowell002
Connoisseur
ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.

Device: kobo glo hd
My Library

I'm new here and posted this issue on my introduction before I found this forum, sorry.
I use My Library to create a list of books I want to buy later. Today all my unpurchased or wish list books were missing. I have checked all the tabs... I'm Reading, Purchased and Trash but they are gone. This is terrible for me because that is the only record I keep of what I am going to buy read next. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Thanks
ppowell002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #13
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
A few weeks ago my credit card was charged, but the book was not delivered. I wrote to Kobo and they responded on the same day. We exchanged a few more e-mails and the issue was resolved.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #14
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
I agree. I had a problem were a book was listed at different prices on the search results page and the info/purchase page. I gave them all the information in my first email. Yet several emails later they still hadn't figured out what the problem was.
The first email they sent me being:
"When you receive the purchase confirmation of the book. You will see a detail description of the price paid. It will show the cost of the book and the amount paid for tax."

Wrong answer. Their next attempt:
"The two prices indicate that there is a discount being offered on the book.

The listed price is the cost of the book and our price is the amount you will pay for the book." They went as far as saying I would be charged a certain amount for the book, even though I told them the checkout page said I would be charged a different amount.
After several more emails they "forgot" to respond to my reply. I had to email them again and ask them why they didn't. After that they said:
"
The price difference is because once you select "Buy now" the web site will calculate the price according to your residence. "
When I replied that, that was their fault, that all prices displayed should reflect the amount I am going to be charged, and why didn't this happen to any other titles, they never (still haven't months later) replied.

Oh, and I almost forgot, after they sent me to tier two, they had to ask for clarification about what the problem was. It seems like they don't realize that you can scroll down in a message to see earlier messages.
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:05 AM   #15
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Similar problem with e-mail help here. I'm like, "Did you read what I wrote? At all?"

So I ended up with a second issue and just called. Bought same book twice at 2 diff. price points. Impossible, but there it was. Max was very willing to help. I even trotted out issue #1. Issue #2 Referred to tier 2, they never got back to me. So I sent another e-mail and still no response on same book bought twice. Then, a mysterious credit showed up on my account... Still no e-mail?
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote