Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-22-2015, 10:49 AM   #1
Knuckles McGinty
Knuckles McGinty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question DOC.X to MOBI Conversion Problem

I load a doc.x file into Calibre. The file has a hyperlinked table of contents which works perfectly well in the doc.x file. I convert the doc.x file to the MOBI (or EPUB) format. I can see the table of contents in the MOBI (or EPUB) file. When I click on any entry in the table of contents Calibre takes me to the first page of my document. It does not take me to the chapter start page.

NOTE: A year or two ago I used to use MobiPocket Creator to convert my doc file to HTML. I added 'hooks' to the file while it was resident in MobiPocket. Next, I opened the HTML file in SIGIL. IN SIGIL I worked my way through the file, highlighting all the chapter headings and assigning H2 header categories to each chapter heading. Last I pushed the button to generate a table of contents. Moments later I had an EPUB file which Calibre converted to the MOBI format with a working table of contents. I was able to upload these files to Amazon, so I knew I was doing things right. What pray tell, am I doing wrong this year?
Knuckles McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:38 PM   #2
Knuckles McGinty
Knuckles McGinty began at the beginning.

Problem Solved! I un-installed a plugin called: Quarantine and Scrub by DaltonST Now I have a working Table of Contents (TOC) in my MOBI files.
Knuckles McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:23 PM   #3
drsimpson
drsimpson began at the beginning.

Hello!

I am having same problem converting a .docx to a .mobi file on a MacBook pro Sierra OS X with Microsoft Word 2016.

I have bookmarked all relevant headings (with the same style) and have tried both a manual and automatically created Table of Contents (TOC). Both times, using Calibre, the hyperlinks to some the Chapter headings would link back to the first page. When I did this a year ago with my first 3 ebooks, the TOC manually worked fine. Now when I go back to re-edit it, with a new version of calibre, it doesn't work properly.

I am not sure about the GUI add-on you were speaking of, as I am not aware if I have downloaded it or if it was automatically packaged. If there is a way to remove it, I would do it. Help!

Thanks
drsimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:08 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobi conversion, table of contents