Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Close call! Phew!

This morning I was at the dealership having my car serviced. Of course, while I was waiting, I was reading my Kindle. When my name was called to let me know my car was ready, I went to the counter, paid and walked out to my car. As I was sitting in the car putting the Valet key back on my key ring, I hear a man yelling and looked up to see him running toward my car. I HAD LEFT MY KINDLE ON THE COUNTER WHERE I PAID! My heart dropped to my stomach when I saw my that bright green cover in his hand. I thanked him profusely and headed home.

My dealership is about 25 miles away and I would not have noticed my Kindle was missing until I got home. Of course I would have turned around and driven right back to search for it but I'm very happy I didn't have to.

I still want a shoulder strap on my cover, so that I can "wear" my Kindle while reading it.

A very close call!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
http://www.sfbags.com/products/kindle/kindlecase.htm

The travel bags have shoulder straps! I have one - it's very nice.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
http://www.sfbags.com/products/kindle/kindlecase.htm

The travel bags have shoulder straps! I have one - it's very nice.
Thanks for the suggestion. The problem is that a travel pouch with case is the same as using one of my purses (or backpacks). I have to take the Kindle out and put it back in. I would like to have straps on the cover itself, so that I can just open the case while wearing it. I actually made the design suggestion to M-Edge a year ago. I really need to get to a luggage or shoe repair shop and have the strap added (if I can find a color match to my case).
Old 08-06-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What about:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44528
Old 08-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
They are just different kinds of cover/cases. They would still have to be carried in my purse. Neither of them would have kept me from leaving my Kindle on the counter.

Thanks for continuing to suggest alternates.
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?

I suppose gluing a strip of Velcro on your palm would not be acceptable?

Out of ideas for the moment.

The reason I like the Waterford bag idea is - if you leave the strap on your shoulder and walk off - hopefully you would notice the bag was too light - if you left the Kindle somewhere.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
This morning I was at the dealership having my car serviced. Of course, while I was waiting, I was reading my Kindle. When my name was called to let me know my car was ready, I went to the counter, paid and walked out to my car. As I was sitting in the car putting the Valet key back on my key ring, I hear a man yelling and looked up to see him running toward my car. I HAD LEFT MY KINDLE ON THE COUNTER WHERE I PAID! My heart dropped to my stomach when I saw my that bright green cover in his hand. I thanked him profusely and headed home. ...

A very close call!
Wow!! A very close call!

I dread the day that something like that happens to me. I always try to close and put my 505 in my purse before I do anything else. I'm hoping that this habit will keep me from leaving it somewhere.

Glad it was a happy ending.

[ the "older" sibling giving you "The Lecture" about keeping track of your stuff ]
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:

The reason I like the Waterford bag idea is - if you leave the strap on your shoulder and walk off - hopefully you would notice the bag was too light - if you left the Kindle somewhere.
I should have noticed my purse was too light as well.

Hopefully, I've scared myself enough not to do it again.

Thanks again for trying.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Wow!! A very close call!

I dread the day that something like that happens to me. I always try to close and put my 505 in my purse before I do anything else. I'm hoping that this habit will keep me from leaving it somewhere.

Glad it was a happy ending.

[ the "older" sibling giving you "The Lecture" about keeping track of your stuff ]
You mean you didn't feel my panic and relief! Maybe there's a timezone delay.

And uh, thanks for the lecture... not.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #10
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:

I was going to go with velcro across the bust and the back of the kindle, that way you can jusst slap and go! being a kindle mama is the only thing in the world that has ever made me be a constant purse carrier. even when I had little kids I would carry a backpack and shun any form of a purse.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Daffy, I definitely felt your panic!

Today, I was at school doing some copying..........normally you stay pretty busy, but there were times when I was printing 200 pages per order.........sitting there with nothing to do till it finished was making me nuts............I could easily have read a chapter or two between sets. Now......If my M-edge cover had a thin leather strap that I could hang across my body...........that would be great! I could carry the Kindle with me at all times, and read whenever the opportunity presented itself.

Think of a case like the M-Edge, or Oberon, with two little metal rings at the top. An adjustable thin strap would hook to that.

Actually, this would work with any model e-book reader..........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
I was going to go with velcro across the bust and the back of the kindle, that way you can jusst slap and go! being a kindle mama is the only thing in the world that has ever made me be a constant purse carrier. even when I had little kids I would carry a backpack and shun any form of a purse.
Maybe if I velcroed the Kindle to my thigh. I could still read it when sitting and it would stick to me when I stood up to walk. Hmmmm. Practical *and* a fashion statement. You may be on to something here!
Old 08-06-2009, 05:09 PM   #13
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Thank goodness some kind person brought it out to you!! DGma's suggestion about the M-Edge cover is a good idea. I have the fuschia one for my Sony and it REALLY stands out!

I'm glad it all worked out okay!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:10 PM   #14
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
There should be bluetooth in all ereaders, wich could be synchronized with our cell phones, so that if the ereader got more that 10 meters away from the cell phone, our cell would start ringing to warn us we left the ereader somewhere.

PS: The man probably just returned it because of the cover's color
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #15
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Phew! Glad that turned out ok
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote