Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
benze
benze began at the beginning.

Device: none
Change homescreen to show "Recently Read" instead of "Recently Added"

I've got a new PRS-T1 (non rooted) and hate that the home screen shows me "Recently Added" instead of "Recently Read". I found the link for Change homescreen to show "Recently Read" instead of "Recently Added" on the wiki, but it indicates that this tweak is no longer needed in 1.0.04.12210 since the preferred behaviour can be setting in the settings.

I must be utterly blind, because I cannot find anywhere in the settings to modify this behaviour. My T1 is running 1.0.04.12210, but I don't see anything in the settings that allows me to specify that the home page should be displaying the recently read instead.

Can anyone point me to the correct area where this is configured?

Thanks!

Eric
benze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
You can't change this without rooting, however you can sort your books list to Recent Read,I agree it's a stupid thing to have on the home screen maybe in the next firmware upgrade
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #3
malawayfromhome
malawayfromhome began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Root NOT Required to change Recently Added

Not quite true - you can change without rooting, did mine see Jackie_W very good method at #11 at
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=153444.

Did mine 12 July 12 before upgrading to 1.0.04.12210, and it still worked after that upgrade. Still working after loading over 1000 books.
malawayfromhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
I think I'll stick to the book list lol.... not comfortable messing with books db but looks like a good fix.....for those more brave than me
bla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
homepage, recently added, recently read