Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-09-2011, 11:15 AM   #16
Casey57
Connoisseur
Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3/Kindle Fire/Kindle Touch/iPhone/iPod/iPad
I tried to purchase my K3 at one of the Targets in my area orginally, but they were always out of stock, so I ended up going through Amazon. I think the same may be true of these new items, at least initially.

And with a Target Visa or Red Card, you can save 5%! I ordered the Fire through Amazon, but just thought I'd throw that out there too!
Casey57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #17
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Amazon.com today announced that over 16,000 stores across the U.S. will be selling the new Kindle family starting November 15.
That little word starting is what makes all the difference. This does NOT mean that on Nov 15 ALL stores will have ALL Kindles in stock. It means that beginning on Nov 15 Kindles will start to be stocked in stores, at the stores' discretions, as soon as they are available to the stores. It is marketing speak and should be translated as such rather than assuming it means all stores everywhere will have all models on Nov 15.

BTW, I doubt all the Best Buy stores will have any particular model at any time. They are notorious for taking a longer time to stock new items than some other stores, and they are just as notorious for not replenishing stocks in a timely fashion.
Advert
Old 11-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #18
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I've never considered buying a Kindle at Best Buy before, but the ability to walk out of the store with a Kindle Fire in hand is mighty appealing. Is there any difference between buying at Amazon or Best Buy as far as Amazon is concerned? I'd much rather deal with Amazon directly than Best Buy if a problem crops up.
BestBuy will take anything back if your not happy with it...I just returned a new Sony TS-1 (?) after having it for 35 days yesterday...No problems at all...

Last edited by Cpl Punishment; 11-09-2011 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Double Post Sorry
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:51 PM   #19
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I've never considered buying a Kindle at Best Buy before, but the ability to walk out of the store with a Kindle Fire in hand is mighty appealing. Is there any difference between buying at Amazon or Best Buy as far as Amazon is concerned? I'd much rather deal with Amazon directly than Best Buy if a problem crops up.
BestBuy will take anything back if your not happy with it...I just returned a new Sony TS-1 (?) after having it for 35 days yesterday...No problems at all...
Old 11-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbruin3235 View Post
One thing to keep in mind is you have to pay sales tax if you buy from a local store, and probably don't if you order from Amazon.
Yeah this is why I will order mine from Amazon.com because our sales tax is high here! 9.86% I'd have to get hubby to drive two hours from here to Bristol, Virginia's BB to get 6%.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #21
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
This is why I never buy electronics from anyone but Costco or Amazon. At Costco, you can return electronics up to 90 days. Everything else, you can return forever. And amazon's return/exchange is second to no other online service. For that reason alone, I'll wait the extra day or three to get my fire directly from them.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #22
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Punishment View Post
I think Best Buy's return policy for computers, tablets, etc. is 14 days.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #23
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
This is why I never buy electronics from anyone but Costco or Amazon. At Costco, you can return electronics up to 90 days. Everything else, you can return forever. And amazon's return/exchange is second to no other online service. For that reason alone, I'll wait the extra day or three to get my fire directly from them.
Costco is great. No questions asked.

Carol
Old 11-09-2011, 10:17 PM   #24
Cpl Punishment
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I think Best Buy's return policy for computers, tablets, etc. is 14 days.

Carol
45 days for Platinum/premium members....(buys 1000 bucks a year or more..)
Old 11-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #25
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Punishment View Post
45 days for Platinum/premium members....(buys 1000 bucks a year or more..)
I wasn't aware of that. Good to know. Thanks.

Carol