Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
thejoieanna
thejoieanna began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Unhappy Is my Sony Reader broken?

I have a sony reader touch. It wasn’t appreciated at first but now it is my whole life. I even decorated it a cute cover and what not. Though today a terrible thing happened sitting in my third period class just getting ready to transfer to my textbook for my amazing English class it froze. I was in the process of highlighting something for Ethics class when it FROZE. Just like that and I pushed all the buttons. I called my Dad in a frantic and he was mean about it he wasted three hours of his life. I pushed the reset button in fifth period and the screen said Reader for a while then it turned in to nothing. It just said nothing so I pushed the power button nothing. I used the stylus and nothing. I have it with a password set so it cant be plugged in to my stupid PC at home. And last week some hooligan broke in to my car and stole my AC Adapter, my memory chips, my shoes and my car air freshener it was a terrible crime. So I pushed the stylus on the reset and pushed power. That did nothing.
So do you think I should pull all of my money out of the rest of my college fund? Drop out of college drive two days to the nearest Sony Store to buy a new Reader or what? It is very important to me I wont be able to pass any of my classes without it seeing how it has my school stuff, school books, school notes, pictures my dead ex boyfriend drew for me. What do I do? I am desperate I just want Anastasia back. (that is her name Anastasia)
thejoieanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Before doing anything drastic, find a way to give it a good long charge using AC. If you have a 505 or 600 or 300, a Sony PSP charger would work. Sounds to me like the battery may have drained (hence why it shut down during startup),.

Take heart, all is not lost. Don't buy it a coffin yet.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
You don't need passwords. Just connect it to a computer - any computer - with your usb cable (if you lost it, just ask anybody who's got a Sony Reader - I just discovered that 350 usb cable works with a 650 and vice versa).
It simply needs to be recharged.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote