Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-30-2010, 12:06 PM   #1
hashemite
hashemite began at the beginning.

Device: new Kindle
unable to email to Kindle

I download from a couple of web news services and auto-email them to my new Kindle. Up to now, it has worked fine, but since the last upgrade (0.7.20) it is now failing.
this is the detail:
ERROR: Failed to email books: Failed to email the following books:

BBC News

Failed to send mail: error(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 596, in _send_mails
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 83, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 75, in sendmail_direct
IOError: Failed to send mail: error(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host')
hashemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Nothing has changed in the emailing code for a long time. I would suggest you setup a free gmail account, that's the easiest way to get it working.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, hashemite

Listen to Kovid.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:36 AM   #4
hashemite
hashemite began at the beginning.

Device: new Kindle
I'll give it a go, after all, what's another email address or two... lol
hashemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:12 PM   #5
bermudszq
bermudszq began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi all, I am new to mobile read, calibre etc....I've tried to send books to my kindle email address, I have set up the new gmail address in preferences, i did the "test email" but I am getting the following error:

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\wizard\send_email.py", line 98, in test_email_settings
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 103, in sendmail
File "smtplib.py", line 589, in login
SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, '5.7.1 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at\n5.7.1 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=14257 m10sm1724663vcf.21')

Log:

Do you have any idea how I can fix this? (PS I am not very computer literate)!

Thanks
Susie
bermudszq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, bermudszq

When you have your problem sorted, have a go at the 'introduce myself' link below.

Come explore the many facets of MobileRead.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:09 PM   #7
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
email to Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermudszq View Post
Hi all, I am new to mobile read, calibre etc....I've tried to send books to my kindle email address, I have set up the new gmail address in preferences, i did the "test email" but I am getting the following error:

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\wizard\send_email.py", line 98, in test_email_settings
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 103, in sendmail
File "smtplib.py", line 589, in login
SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, '5.7.1 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at\n5.7.1 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=14257 m10sm1724663vcf.21')

Log:

Do you have any idea how I can fix this? (PS I am not very computer literate)!

Thanks
Susie
After you set up the new account, did you go back to the Amazon site under "manage my Kindle" and add in the new email address as authorized to send your Kindle email. If not, that is probably your problem.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:26 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's an authentication error, which means your gmail username and/or password are wrong.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:28 PM   #9
bermudszq

Thank you, I have now got the gmail working, I sent a tester and it was fine. But I still don't seem to be able to send books to my kindle, I am not getting any error message, but nothing is happening at all...just seems to ignor my request? I have registered the gmail address under the "manage my kindle" section of Amazon.com....any other suggestions? thanks
Old 10-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #10
bermudszq

Please ignore my last message...its working....yyeeaaahhhh!! thanks for all your help!!