Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-27-2014, 09:19 AM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Ordered H2O from Chapters

I've ordered an H2O from Chapters via PayPal. How long does it take for the order to show up on Chapters' website? I know it's a holiday in the US, but the transaction shows pending at PayPal and the email from Chapters said I'd get another email in six hours with the order number of I've yet to get that email.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:30 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just received the email with the order number and on Chapter's website, I now see the order is awaiting shipping. So it looks like everything is good to go.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:39 AM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Congrats! Glad you finally pulled the trigger.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:22 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Congrats! Glad you finally pulled the trigger.
Thank you. I look forward to getting the H2O hopefully next week.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:44 AM   #5
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
My wife's came in five days but there was no Holiday in the way.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 12:24 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
My wife's came in five days but there was no Holiday in the way.
I'm thinking I'll get it by the end of next week. That would do for me. Once I have it and I vaerify it's working, I'll be ordering the case for it.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:47 PM   #7
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Keep in mind that there is no holiday *here*. So depending on when it gets to the States it may not have as much effect as you might think.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:01 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
Keep in mind that there is no holiday *here*. So depending on when it gets to the States it may not have as much effect as you might think.
But because there is a holiday here and black Friday, it can have an affect on the US Mail. Last year was a nightmare for getting things delivered in time for Christmas.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:24 AM   #9
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
Congrats and I hope you wind up as pleased with your H20 as I am. That screen is a thing of beauty.

And even with my return snafu, I'd still order from Chapters rather than Kobo for the tracking info and savings on currency conversion.
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:29 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharphamster View Post
Congrats and I hope you wind up as pleased with your H20 as I am. That screen is a thing of beauty.

And even with my return snafu, I'd still order from Chapters rather than Kobo for the tracking info and savings on currency conversion.
I've yet to get a tracking number. But I've emailed them about it. If I don't get one by this afternoon, I'll give then a call and try to get one.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:46 AM   #11
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I don't know if it is different for the US, but once you get the shipping email from Chapters you track the package from your Chapters account, where there is a link to tracking. They don't specifically email out the tracking number.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:48 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
I don't know if it is different for the US, but once you get the shipping email from Chapters you track the package from your Chapters account, where there is a link to tracking. They don't specifically email out the tracking number.
I payed via PayPal and for some reason, the order is not linked to my account. The site thinks I guest ordered. That why I emailed.
Old 11-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Customer service sent back email with the tracking number for Canada Post. It says it's due to arrive on the 2nd of December. I don't know if that means delivered here at home or delivered to the local post office. Either way is OK with me. I don't mind waiting a day or two extra to get it.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:59 AM   #14
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
I should have been clearer on the tracking info. I also used Paypal and it went through as a Guest order.

Chapters included a link in my shipping confirm email, and I tracked my package with that order# link through their site, like Amazon.

Crossing my fingers your H20 gets to you sooner JSWolf
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:54 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I did email Chapters last night asking them to move this order so it shows under my account. I'll see what happens later on today. Also, I asked for a US post Office tracking number.

The Canadian post tracking now shows that it's left Canada. That means either it's due to arrive here on the 2nd or arrive at the post office on the 2nd and I should get it on the 3rd. Either way I'm good with that.