Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #481
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks man, but I did a factory reset and ended up reinstalling JB/screensaver hack, It's all working as it should, I'd much preferred finding the problem as it's better for other users when trouble shooting.
I'm going to install some of the other hacks and keep retesting the screensaver cover hack to see if something knocks it out.
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #482
Kezz101
Kezz101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks!

Awesome mod. Love it lots! I now have lots of awesome custom wallpapers

Word of advice to anyone struggling with finding/creating/modifying wallpapers for your Kindle use PicResize.

Basically you can upload any image, crop out bad bits, resize to your Kindle's resolution, grayscale the image and convert it to a PNG all in one site. Pretty neat.

Thanks again for the awesome mod
Kezz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #483
jdmarinoj
jdmarinoj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper White
Nice work thanks.

Last edited by jdmarinoj; 03-13-2013 at 09:09 PM.
jdmarinoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #484
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
The screensaver hack doesn't work on Kindles with Special Offers. Discussion about the removal of Kindle ads- apart from the legal method through Amazon- is forbidden here.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=200942

Also, from the first post of this thread:
Quote:
Note for Kindle Special Offers Users:

This doesn't, and won't ever, help you bypass something you agreed to (screensaver ads), so please stop asking.

Last edited by JimmyR; 03-13-2013 at 06:45 PM.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #485
kinyo59
kinyo59 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Bonjour,

J'ai besoin de votre aide.
J'ai Jailbreaker mon PaperWhite et installlé la modif pour les screensavers mais j'ai par mégarde supprimer le fichier qui était dans le dossier screensavers.

resulat --> Je n'arrive plus a afficher les écrans de veille du tout.

Donc je fais appel a votre aide.
J'aurais besoin que quelqu'un me fasse parvenir par mail ou me met a dispo le contenu du dossier screensavers.

En vous remerciant d'avance pour votre aide.

kinyo59@gmail.com
kinyo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:22 AM   #486
kinyo59
kinyo59 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Help me.

I need original files folder "screensavers" Kindle PaperWhite.

Mail --> Kinyo59@gmail.com
kinyo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #487
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
@kinyo59: Re-install the official firmware.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #488
Catweezle
Catweezle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle WhitePaper
Hello,
is it somehow possible to alter the timeout time for the screensaver? I need a longer inactive time until the screensaver appears.
Catweezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #489
peterbruells
peterbruells doesn't litterpeterbruells doesn't litter

Device: none
Did Amazon do something? Screensaver back to original

I'm kinda confused. Did Amazon change anything during the last days? A new firmware, but no new number?

The Screensavers hack stopped working for me this morning, I'm back to the old screensavers.

But I'm reading Firmware version 5.3.4 (1848900011) - that's the one from December, right? But back then my Jailbreak survived the update, I just had to re-install the screensavers package.

But this time my Paperwhite wouldn't accept the python install.bin and gave me an erroe 3.0, telling me to reboot the Kindle. And when I reboot the device, it looks as if it isn't jailbroken anymore. I could swear that I usually saw a line of chars implying that I'm booting a jailbroken device - not aynmore.

Any ideas?

Edit: Oh vey, I remembered wrong. 5.3.4 is a new firmware which I didn't notice because I had the device in Airplane mode most of the time. Probably even since it came out.

Last edited by peterbruells; 04-04-2013 at 07:52 AM.
peterbruells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #490
rabscallion
rabscallion began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hello,

I hope someone can help and apologise in advance if i'm being stupid or a pain but........

I instanned the jailbreak which was fine and the USb fie - also fine. I installed new screen savers in the linkss folder - again fine and they displayed.

Then came an unrequested software update and I now have a whole set of 'other' screensavers pens and the like. I'd really like to get back to my pictures.

Can anyone help.

I found a folder called 'back up' in linkss which had these images. I swapped them for mine but to no avail. I've restarted and checked through the folders via USB. I can't find these images in the other directories but they're still displaying.

Any help gratefully appreciated
rabscallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #491
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
@Both

Install KUAL and the KUAL firewall with the BBB (Block Big Brother) filter enabled - reduce the number of surprises.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #492
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@peterbruells and @Rabscallion

See here for what needs to be redone after the update.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #493
MrFritz
MrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Dear Amazon Management

I just received your newest update which replaced the lovely pictures of my family with your atrocious screensaver pictures. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? I want my own screensavers.

If you can't allow this on a device that I OWN, then consider this: I will not buy any e-books or other amazon devices/products until you either cease and desist or provide a free mechanism whereby we can load our own screensaver pictures.

CAN YOU HEAR US NOW?
MrFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:22 AM   #494
peterbruells
peterbruells doesn't litterpeterbruells doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
@peterbruells and @Rabscallion

See here for what needs to be redone after the update.
Thanks. The jailbreak apparently survives, as I could install the linkss package via the normal mechanism (Menu, Update,…)

But it doesn't seem to work.

Back in the days, I used a especial book contained in kpw_jb.zip, to jailbreak, I don't think I ever used dev certificates, kindlet jailbreak, rescue pack. (Though I probably should?).

I now also re-installed the python package. Even though I did it the same way as I did it yesterday, my Paperwhite now accepted the update.

Yet again, nothing happens. Covers are not being generated, the screensavers shown are those of Amazon, even though linkss/screensavers/ is empty, links/cover is in place and linkss/cover_cache brims with covers generated when the thing just worked.

Right now I'm at a loss.
peterbruells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #495
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@peterbruells-
You say you reapplied the python package (it actually survives the update but reapplying does no harm)...you did re-install the screensaver hack, correct? Have you done a restart via menu>settings>restart with the device not connected by usb cable since applying the hack?
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch