Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #61
manush
manush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with others

Device: nook color
It's weird, I never received an email confirmation from Baen but the books show up in my account. According to the website when I ordered it would receive a email with download instructions. I checked their customer service link but I couldn't find an email address to contact them. Does anyone know of a customer service email for Baen?
manush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #62
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
You never get anything from them after an order (except a receipt). After you get to the confirmation page (step 6 - the one after you enter the next email address in the chain), then just click on "my books" on the menu at the left. Or use Back in the browser to go back to the book/bundle page and refresh - you'll have download links after you purchase.

The emails go out almost immediately, to both the sender and the receiver - - check your spam filters and if you don't find it, just PM the person that was ahead of you in the chain. They can cut/paste the code back to you in a PM here.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #63
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
You never get anything from them after an order (except a receipt). After you get to the confirmation page (step 6 - the one after you enter the next email address in the chain), then just click on "my books" on the menu at the left. Or use Back in the browser to go back to the book/bundle page and refresh - you'll have download links after you purchase.

The emails go out almost immediately, to both the sender and the receiver - - check your spam filters and if you don't find it, just PM the person that was ahead of you in the chain. They can cut/paste the code back to you in a PM here.
You also get a separate email with a link to download from. FWIW gmail quite regularly shoves emails from Baen into the spam folder.

Last edited by camiller; 07-16-2012 at 08:45 AM.
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #64
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
You also get a separate email with a link to download from. FWIW gmail quite regularly shoves emails from Baen into the spam folder.
It's also possible it could be an issue on Baen's side. This is the second thread like this I've seen a similar issue (one had two issues in it) with the emails not going out.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #65
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
I'd like to get in line for this one too, I'm not sure who I would be after when this is resolved (hopefully). Please let me know...thanks
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #66
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
I'd like to get in line for this one too, I'm not sure who I would be after when this is resolved (hopefully). Please let me know...thanks
Assuming it didn't get lost somewhere:

Manush (has submitted the code, but Baen's system appears to have hiccuped)
Moe The Cat (will hopefully get the code after Baen recovers from it's spasm )
camiller (me)
dcslz
kg3 <== you

so send a pm to dcslz
Old 07-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #67
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
Thanks camiller, I'll PM Dcslz. I hope this gets worked out!
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #68
camiller
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by manush View Post
It's weird, I never received an email confirmation from Baen but the books show up in my account. According to the website when I ordered it would receive a email with download instructions. I checked their customer service link but I couldn't find an email address to contact them. Does anyone know of a customer service email for Baen?
If you are still looking for baen CS: baensupport AT principledtechnologies DOT com
Old 07-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #69
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
I still haven't received anything from Baen. I've checked my spam filter, too. Unless Manush can get something from Baen Support, the chain may be broken!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #70
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by manush View Post
The Baen Ebooks email server was down on Saturday, email Baen Support, tell them what happened.

bernie

baensupport@principledtechnologies.com
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #71
camiller
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
The Baen Ebooks email server was down on Saturday, email Baen Support, tell them what happened.

bernie

baensupport@principledtechnologies.com
Looks like manush's last activity on the forum was his last post on this thread. Hope he comes back and sees this!
Old 07-25-2012, 05:38 AM   #72
Howlingwolf
Groupie
Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kobo Touch
Is this one now dead?
Howlingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #73
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
It appears to be dead. I never received anything from Baen after Manush got his bundle.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #74
Howlingwolf
Groupie
Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kobo Touch
Ok.

Thanks Moe.
Howlingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #75
manush
manush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with others

Device: nook color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
It appears to be dead. I never received anything from Baen after Manush got his bundle.
I just emailed Baen so hopefully I can get this sorted out . I also just pm'd you about an email that I sent you the other day.
manush is offline   Reply With Quote