Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 08:30 PM   #16
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hi JD, Taming, which books are you seeing this behaviour with? Also, can you let me know if you have many highlights / annotations in those books?

Last edited by SameerH; 11-24-2011 at 08:48 PM.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #17
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Anyone have the direct download link for the firmware? Seems to be different now.
rashkae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #18
SmokeAndMirrors
Addict
SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Pad Slider
Just updated over the KT's wifi.

All features appear to be working well. Thanks guys, this is pretty much everything I wanted! Awesome!

Last edited by SmokeAndMirrors; 11-24-2011 at 08:58 PM.
SmokeAndMirrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:23 PM   #19
shannont
Connoisseur
shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch, retired Sony PR300
I love the clock feature. Thanks Kobo.
shannont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #20
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Thumbs down Does not fix Sd probleems

This update has not fixed the issues with my reader and my lexar 8 gig memory card. I am very disapointed in this, as this card was perfect. Its recognized I can download my content to it read it and write to it all via the touch, what I can not do is read any books on this card.

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:34 PM   #21
mdclements
Kobo Developer
mdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
This update has not fixed the issues with my reader and my lexar 8 gig memory card. I am very disapointed in this, as this card was perfect. Its recognized I can download my content to it read it and write to it all via the touch, what I can not do is read any books on this card.

regards

jack
Sorry Jack, what happens when you try to open a book from this card? Do the books on the card get processed into your library?
mdclements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:37 PM   #22
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Only update I have gotten so far is for the desktop . :/
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:51 PM   #23
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdclements View Post
Sorry Jack, what happens when you try to open a book from this card? Do the books on the card get processed into your library?
It does nothing, the reader will not load any content from the sd card. However the Reader does load the card when its connected to the computer and I can browse the content on the card. That is all that I am able to do, since they updated to the 1.9.12 firmware they have hobbled my ereader. It is now just an exspensive Micro sd card reader....... as in I can see it on my computer just not do anything with it at all.

Regards

jack
Old 11-24-2011, 09:52 PM   #24
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
Only update I have gotten so far is for the desktop . :/
have you tried the wifi update?

Not sure if the update is not going your way due to location?

good luck

jack
Old 11-24-2011, 09:52 PM   #25
mdclements
Kobo Developer
mdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Quote:
It does nothing, the reader will not load any content from the sd card. However the Reader does load the card when its connected to the computer and I can browse the content on the card. That is all that I am able to do, since they updated to the 1.9.12 firmware they have hobbled my ereader. It is now just an exspensive Micro sd card reader....... as in I can see it on my computer just not do anything with it at all.

Regards

jack
PM sent.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #26
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdclements View Post
PM sent.
got your pm just waiting on instructions:P

jack
Old 11-24-2011, 10:02 PM   #27
mdclements
Kobo Developer

Quote:
got your pm just waiting on instructions:P

jack
Replied. We'll keep this off-thread now.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:44 PM   #28
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Hi JD, Taming, which books are you seeing this behaviour with? Also, can you let me know if you have many highlights / annotations in those books?
All the books I tested with, non-Kobo epubs, DRM free, on my class 4 NexXtech 4GB microSD card (specifically irritating in ''Tarzan and the Jewels of Opar'', from Gutenberg, that I'm in the middle of reading) Absolutely no highlights or annotations on any book I own (not a feature I have any use for, really).

Last edited by JD Gumby; 11-24-2011 at 10:46 PM.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:55 PM   #29
mdclements
Kobo Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
All the books I tested with, non-Kobo epubs, DRM free, on my class 4 NexXtech 4GB microSD card (specifically irritating in ''Tarzan and the Jewels of Opar'', from Gutenberg, that I'm in the middle of reading) Absolutely no highlights or annotations on any book I own (not a feature I have any use for, really).
Is it this one?

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/92

ePub (no images)? Would you be able to send me your database? You can send me a PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:05 PM   #30
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Wifi worked. Thanks. Wish I could get my ereader to see it has a SD card in it. -_-
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote