Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 06:10 AM   #1
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Question Quotation marks missing...

Hey all, have read the PDF sticky but not much help on my issue.

Workflow:
PDF source > email to Amazon for AZW conversion > renamed AZW to MOBI extension > imported into calibre > edited metatags/cover > converted MOBI to MOBI > sent to K3

[roundabout I know, but I am working on it]

My issue is:
All quotation marks [ " ] and [ ' ] appear to have been lost and replaced with [ _ ] on the final MOBI file [on both calibre viewer and also K3].

[ " ] and [ ' ] were present in the original PDF and were present in the AZW file returned from Amazon.

Any tips about what I am doing wrong or am i just a moron?

tia!
-les
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Make sure you don't have a search and replace setup either in Preferences or in the conversion dialog for the book. Otherwise provide the conversion log for the MOBI to MOBI conversion. That might give some clues. To get the conversion log convert, click jobs at the bottom right, select the job and click show details.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2011, 06:39 AM   #3
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
^ thanks a ton, both for the advice and the AWESOME continuing work on calibre...

Will check settings as you mention and post log of next conversion where I notice this happening.

cheers,
-les

EDIT: Wow...MR is great...I just noticed the Similar Threads section at the bottom of the page. Apologies for pre-mature posting of an issue that others have mentioned.
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote