Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-30-2010, 12:24 AM   #1
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Device: 7015A, CM738A, 7015, M150, A7, A32, Next3, PDN 7"/9", GT78, ePad
Lightbulb HSN Launches enTourage Dual Touchscreen LCD & E Ink® Tablet w/Wi-Fi & Built-in Camera

7" Touch Screen Color LCD with 800x480 / 6" ( Yes: Vizplex) (No:Pearl E) LCD with 800x600

Android OS 1.6 on Tablet / Linux OS on e-Reader side (can be viewed in direct sunlight)
Resistive touch and optical finger mouse
Wacom Penabled
4GB of Internal Storage
3GB of Internal Storage Free for User to use
microSD card slot, standard USB port, mini USB interface
WiFi 802.11b/g (no N300)
2 megapixel camera with video capability
Track Mouse
16 hours of battery life (6 hours when using both screens or 16 hours on e-Reader side)
USB Ports / USB Host (for keyboards, mouse etc.)
BlueTooth 2.1
Weigh 1.3lbs

Note: You could use it as an e-reader, a notepad or as a netbook–or all at the same time.

$399.99 with payment max is 4 months at $99.97 plus shipping $9.95, no tax for online orders (certain states)
HSN Coby 7" 800x480 KYROS was $199.99 last weekend this one would be additional $200 bucks might be worth it?

Source: HSN

Video Review

Last edited by tipstir; 10-31-2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Updating info / Fixed specs
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:33 AM   #2
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
It does not appeal to me (but of course I would be curious to hear a tipstir review)

it's actually 200 dollars more than the Coby. Also would cost more than buying both a Kindle wifi plus a Nook Color. So it better work pretty good for that price.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:43 AM   #3
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
It does not appeal to me (but of course I would be curious to hear a tipstir review)

it's actually 200 dollars more than the Coby. Also would cost more than buying both a Kindle wifi plus a Nook Color. So it better work pretty good for that price.
Yes I did catch that typo. I would have to return the Coby KYROS and Maylong M-150 (still hasn't even been shipped by UPS) To get this one. Otherwise I'll have a stock pile of tablets.

KYROS so far hasn't given me any typos when I type like I did with both Pandigital Novel / Rooted Tablet Hybrid did. But this one can't compare as the cost of this one is much more and as dual screen and more features.

Last edited by tipstir; 10-30-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:45 AM   #4
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Hmmm, I think I would just duct tape a K3 and a Nook Color together instead. (Actually think it would look better than that, as well...)

Actually though, someone clever could make a cover, on one side the K3 fits, on the other the Nook Color
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:03 AM   #5
GyGeek
Connoisseur
GyGeek is on a distinguished road

Device: Samsung Q1 Ultra, Boox 60, Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
Actually though, someone clever could make a cover, on one side the K3 fits, on the other the Nook Color
Actually, that sounds like a good idea.
GyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:07 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Entourage Edge has been out for ages; is this a new model, or simply some new distributor selling it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:15 AM   #7
acolsandra
Enthusiast
acolsandra began at the beginning.

Device: bebook1, pocketbook 302
Looks like a new model, it's a 6 inch screen and it says pocketedge above the e-ink screen.
acolsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:54 AM   #8
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
This think just looks weird. This is not a portable device & def not for a casual reader. I remember watching a YouTube vid about it being geared toward business. Well you're better off with a net book.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:15 AM   #9
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
When I look at this I want the the two screens REVERSED. It would make me crazy to read on the left side all the time.

Also, that weight is a killer.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:09 AM   #10
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru

The point of having the tablet it to have it thin, weigh less, look vivid even in the bright sun light and in the dark. The above is more like netbook, e-reader and tablet with the added weight.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:56 PM   #11
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
When I look at this I want the the two screens REVERSED. It would make me crazy to read on the left side all the time.

I think, if it is like the full sized enTourage Edge, the panels will fold all the way back so the panels are back to back. I know seems weird to leave one panel exposed and vulnerable like that but we'll see. It would be better if the panel could rotate so that the unused panel was facing the back of the front facing panel.

Personally, I like the full sized version and find this smaller version too clunky looking, especially the thick spacing between the panels down the middle where the hinge lives.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:11 AM   #12
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
you know...I use OneNote, a LOT, but have used Evernote before and wonder how well it will run on this device. I know Evernote does run on Android just not which Android versions.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:23 AM   #13
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipstir View Post
3 pounds (ouch heavier than Pandigital Novel / Rooted Tablet hybird version)
It is 1.35 lbs, which is still pretty heavy.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:29 AM   #14
MikeFromHC
Zealot
MikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pandigital Novel
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
Hmmm, I think I would just duct tape a K3 and a Nook Color together instead. (Actually think it would look better than that, as well...)
What a silly idea
Now if you use gaffer's tape you would have a winner.
Far more color options, glow in the dark tape, and no residue when you decide to peel off the old and match what you are wearing.
MikeFromHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:56 AM   #15
jee
Enthusiast
jee began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post

You can actually fold the Edge to read just on one screen, or rotate (reverse) the screens anytime, so the e-ink side is on the right.
jee is offline   Reply With Quote