Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 01:00 PM   #16
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraPony View Post
This might have been one of the reasons pink was so enticing to me. Hubby walks into the room and says "Is that MY Kobo Vox?" (he doesn't have one) and I answer "Not unless you own a pink one!". That shuts him up!
Ha! After years of marrige (and twin girls), I am immune to pink! That wouldn't work on me!

I can also shop for femine products without debilitating loss of manhood as well.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #17
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
Ha! After years of marrige (and twin girls), I am immune to pink! That wouldn't work on me!

I can also shop for femine products without debilitating loss of manhood as well.
I wasn't so into pink until I had a little boy. Then I realized that my house was filling up with hockey paraphernalia, I was tripping over trains, and I was suddenly outnumbered. If this current pregnancy is a boy, I fear my husband will never become immune to pink (nor will he shop for feminine products).

I'm still thrilled with my choice of colour!
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #18
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I fear my husband will never become immune to pink (nor will he shop for feminine products)
Maybe handling your pink Vox will desensitize him, and before you know it he'll be cooking dinner, doing laundry, and grocery shopping. Start gently - maybe laying the Vox on his chest for a moment while he naps on the sofa. Then browse some of his favourite websites. Nonchalantly hand him the Vox while saying "Honey, have you seen this?". Later, download a few games and challenge him to an "Angry Bird" off - winner gets [put suggestive comment here].

Once he realizes pink will not emasculate him, the rest is easy.

Quote:
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Robert A. Heinlein
(But before you send him for femmine products, make sure he knows exactly what you want. Those damn boxes are confusingly similar, and I'm sure they change them every week!)
Old 11-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #19
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
Maybe handling your pink Vox will desensitize him, and before you know it he'll be cooking dinner, doing laundry, and grocery shopping. Start gently - maybe laying the Vox on his chest for a moment while he naps on the sofa. Then browse some of his favourite websites. Nonchalantly hand him the Vox while saying "Honey, have you seen this?". Later, download a few games and challenge him to an "Angry Bird" off - winner gets [put suggestive comment here].
He has an iPad and a Kindle.

I shouldn't complain. He calls himself "Super Mom" often - he makes dinner every night, gets the boy up and fed and dressed in the morning, and does his own laundry. He's a great Dad and a great catch...

And because he doesn't like Pink my Vox is all mine!
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:08 PM   #20
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord

Good stuff!
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 02:46 PM   #21
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
And the first one to sell out at Chapters for $199 is... Hot pink!

My wife has had mine most of the week so I may need to buy another one unless I'm tempted by the Acer Iconia instead though at $299 it is close to double the $179 price which ends tomorrow on the Vox.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:56 PM   #22
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
I've heard really good things about the Acer Iconia...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:07 PM   #23
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
How is the Kobo android app? I much prefer the Vox version to the Blackberry and Windows reader apps.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #24
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraPony View Post
This might have been one of the reasons pink was so enticing to me. Hubby walks into the room and says "Is that MY Kobo Vox?" (he doesn't have one) and I answer "Not unless you own a pink one!". That shuts him up!
-------------------------------------------------------

I'd bet it would! LOLOLOLOLOL!
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote