Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Trouble syncing file with Dropbox

Using Keepass and the file does not automatically sync even though I have Keepass file database pointed to /Dropbox/Keepass/**.kdb file.
What I have to do on the Kindle is open up the *.kdb file in ES File Explorer to access the file.
When I open the file through the Keepass App, it does not come up with the updated Dropbox file.
Thanks for any insight.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
The same thing happens to me on my tab, I've just gotten used to navigating to the file since I want the most recent copy.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Sounds like an app bug. I would report it to the Developer.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #4
asb2164
asb2164 is a jewel in the roughasb2164 is a jewel in the roughasb2164 is a jewel in the roughasb2164 is a jewel in the roughasb2164 is a jewel in the roughasb2164 is a jewel in the roughasb2164 is a jewel in the roughasb2164 is a jewel in the roughasb2164 is a jewel in the roughasb2164 is a jewel in the roughasb2164 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle
The Dropbox App does not sync.
You have to download each file if it did it automatically you would soon fill the storage up on your device.
asb2164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #5
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
My dropbox files syncs fine but for whatever reason you have to keep pointing the app to the file.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by asb2164 View Post
The Dropbox App does not sync.
You have to download each file if it did it automatically you would soon fill the storage up on your device.
Correct the Dropbox app doesn't sync. You can use the Dropsync app though if you want to sync Dropbox on your Device.

The problem is the other app they use is not finding the database file they downloaded from Dropbox. So it's not Dropbox that isn't syncing it's the Keepass app that isn't updating it's database file. So technically this has nothing to do with Dropbox.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote