Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-12-2010, 10:55 PM   #1
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
New Random House Australia freebie

If you subscribe to Random House Australia newsletter you can download the latest ebook freebie.
MY HUSBAND'S SWEETHEARTS by Bridget Asher in drm epub.
If you have subscribed in previous months the download link is in the newsletter.

I don't think this applies to people outside of Australia.
Go to http://www.randomhouse.com.au and click on banner to sign up.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Thanks for posting this - wow a freebie just for us Aussies
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2010, 11:45 PM   #3
Abisha
Connoisseur
Abisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
There are no visible restrictions displayed on the webpage. I'm in the U.S.A. and had no problem registering my email and downloading the ePub.
http://www.randomhouse.com.au/Defaul...on=newsletters

"S
ubscribe to the Random House Newsletter this month and you'll get a FREE eBook of MY HUSBAND'S SWEETHEARTS by Bridget Asher! And don’t miss Bridget Asher’s new book The Pretend Wife, out now!"

MY HUSBAND'S SWEETHEARTS

by Bridget Asher

Full of heart (both cheating hearts and broken hearts), this is an unforgettable novel of love and loss, revenge and forgiveness...
Description of book
Lucy Shoreman discovers in one fell swoop that not only has her husband Artie been cheating on her, but that his heart is failing and he's dying.

So in a drunken moment she takes his little black book, and dials up all his former lovers, asking them to schedule their turn caring for him on his death bed. After all, they were there for the good times, so why should she deal with the bad times on her own?

The last thing she expects is that any will actually show up. But one by one, they do. The one who hates him. The one who owes her life to him. The one he turned into a lesbian, and the one he taught to dance. And among them is one person with the strangest story of all…

Reviews

* ‘A laugh-and-cry novel whose plot includes equal proportions of heartache and hope’ Chicago Tribune

*‘Rendered with humour and heart’ People Magazine

* ‘The reader is enveloped by this humorous yet touching tale’ Booklist

Product Details

ISBN: 9781741668735

Format:Trade Paperback

Imprint:Bantam Australia

Published:01/06/09

Subject:Fiction/Mass Market
Abisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:12 AM   #4
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

I downloaded the last 2 but I think I might skip this one
It looks like we might get more Oz freebies than US freebies this year based on the current drought of freebies from the Sony store at the moment.
Didn't think I would see that happening
Old 02-13-2010, 06:11 PM   #5
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
I was able to download the book, but not thru the Sony Library. Sony kept giving me an error message - I tried 3 times (cause I'm in USA & site is Aussie? IDK). So I used ORBIT downloading software, and told it to open the file in ADE. Then hooked up my PRS-505 to ADE, and transfer it on there that way. Reading it now!

Thanks tech_au!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2010, 06:17 PM   #6
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Great that the book is not only available to Australians. Let's share the luve around.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:19 PM   #7
raven312
Enthusiast
raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 2
I was able to download it through ADE with no problems. I also won a book from a drawing on their Facebook page. AFTER I'd won, it said to email your AUSTRALIAN address (no mention of this when they gave the sign-up link but I should have taken into account that it IS an Australian site.) They were nice enough to send it to me in the US, anyway.
raven312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:46 PM   #8
Panda Rose
Zealot
Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs505, Kindle 3, iPhone4
I am having trouble registering. I have tried to register but not had the email confirmation.
Panda Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:33 PM   #9
tech_au
Oz Bookworm

I subscribed last October to get The Schumann Frequency(which I'm reading at the moment) and I used my hotmail address but can't remember if the confirmation email came straight away or not but you do need to click on the link in the confirmation email to be able to get the ebook.
Bookratt, I thought you had to use Adobe ADE when you purchased ebooks from other ebook stores and only used Sony software for Sony purchases. I could be wrong now that Sony has gone epub. I only ever use the Sony software to download Sony freebies.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #10
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Now that Sony does EPUB, when the reader library updates it silently steals all the associations away from ADE (.acsm and .epub). I also had to reset these (to ADE) in order to get any of RHA's free books to install (and I had problems somewhere else before I did the reset, as well).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:41 PM   #11
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
Bookratt, I thought you had to use Adobe ADE when you purchased ebooks from other ebook stores and only used Sony software for Sony purchases. I could be wrong now that Sony has gone epub. I only ever use the Sony software to download Sony freebies.

In the past, when I purchased books from other sites besides the Sony Library that used the Adobe ADE format, ADE would automatically open for the download. Then I hooked up my reader to ADE and put books on that way.

When the Sony Library updated to the 3.xx version sometime in 2009, all my book purchases from other sites would start downloading, and the Sony Library would automatically open up & the book would be downloaded there. This is long before the Sony books went to the ePub version.

So, I haven't used the Adobe ADE program in months until yesterday....
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #12
k1r0
k1r0 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for posting. I had no problem to register and download the ebook from Europe.
k1r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:49 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
I used my hotmail address
Hotmail... when it absolutely positively has to get lost right away.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:53 AM   #14
SimonSays
No wire hangers, ever!
SimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
can not get the acsm file to open in ADE. Keep getting "An error has occured while trying to access the ebook store digital rights management system (0)"

Damn you ADE!!! I HATE YOU
SimonSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:58 PM   #15
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonSays View Post
can not get the acsm file to open in ADE. Keep getting "An error has occured while trying to access the ebook store digital rights management system (0)"

Damn you ADE!!! I HATE YOU
Have you followed the steps to re-enable ADE. This is an error msg from Sony (you can tell by the lack of any actual information).

ADE will open this book - the Sony software will not and you must change the ACSM and EPUB associations back to ADE.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote