Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-21-2009, 05:16 AM   #1
halljames
Zealot
halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Apple iPad
Converting PDF - Removing text at top of pages

I have tried a few searches, but have not found exactly what I am looking for, so sorry if this has been answered before.

I have a number of PDF files that I would like to convert to LRF. The problem with them is that the PDF has the book title and author and page number at the top of each page, just like the original printed book, and when I use calibre to convert to LRF, these bits are naturaly present in the middle of the text betweem pages. How can I use Calibre to remove this info when converting.

Am I missing something simple?
halljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:28 AM   #2
halljames
Zealot
halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I have successfully used Adobe Acrobat to crop the pdf pages to remove the header, save and then import in calibre and that seems to work perfectly.

Still wondering if there is a way to have calibre to do it automaticaly.
Advert
Old 07-21-2009, 05:42 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The latest Calibre 0.6.0 beta releases now have an option to remove headers and footers under the Structure Detection part of the conversion parameters with the ability to specify a Regular Expression to identify the header/footer text. This might do what you want? The default RE provided is quite complex and will probably need amending for your particular documents, but it could still be worth looking at.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:47 AM   #4
halljames
Zealot

Thanks for that, I have been toying with getting Beta 6, but I wasnt sure if I should wait till its officialy released.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:00 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by halljames View Post
Thanks for that, I have been toying with getting Beta 6, but I wasnt sure if I should wait till its officialy released.
It is meant to be close to offical release (in the next week or so), so now is probably a good time to find if there are any issues that affect you.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert