Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-26-2012, 01:45 AM   #1
bookmeal
Connoisseur
bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: benQ
Convert EPUB to word/txt/doc

Where can I covert EPUB to word/txt/doc?

I tried searching online and have tried some sites, but:
Some took forever and never end
some finish ask you to pay to get the full version.

It's there anyway I can do it for free?
bookmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:17 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
If you looked about 15-20 threads below your own, you would have seen this one.

It is free, but you have to do it yourself. You could also use Calibre to create PDF, but I find the result lacking.

AFAK there is no site to do this. You can do it easily yourself.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 05:28 AM   #3
bookmeal
Connoisseur
bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: benQ
So I need to know computer programming language to do that?
bookmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
epub is basically html in a zip file.

Open the epub book in something like winzip or what ever you would open a .zip file with, and extract the files to a directory.

When you do this you will see a bunch of html files, all you have to do is double click one and it opens in windows explorer.

select all the text displayed, copy and paste it to a word document, repeat for each file in order that is in the directory, save the file under the name you want.

Wahla ... epub to doc =)
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmeal View Post
So I need to know computer programming language to do that?
No programming language is required. All the steps are in the thread I showed you. HTML is not a programming language, but a markup language. There is a big difference.
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
Toxaris
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post
epub is basically html in a zip file.

Open the epub book in something like winzip or what ever you would open a .zip file with, and extract the files to a directory.

When you do this you will see a bunch of html files, all you have to do is double click one and it opens in windows explorer.

select all the text displayed, copy and paste it to a word document, repeat for each file in order that is in the directory, save the file under the name you want.

Wahla ... epub to doc =)
Be careful with this method. Copy paste does not always play nice, especially with somewhat more 'exotic' code. I have seen issues with usage of <dt> and <dd>.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:29 AM   #7
Borlani
Borlani
Borlani began at the beginning.

Device: iBad
Hi, Sorry, I know the original post is dated now, but in case anyone else is looking for this.
There is another thread running mentions "BookCreator" and it is magic!
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28313
Borlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:36 AM   #8
Toxaris
Wizard

Bookcreator can help to convert Word to ePUB, not ePUB to Word as is requested here.

To each its own, I don't like Bookcreator myself.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #9
Borlani
Borlani
Borlani began at the beginning.

Device: iBad
doh... you are so right Tox, I wasn't paying attention because this thread came up as a result for my search to convert word to epub, and I didn't notice this was the exact opposite. Begging your pardon for the red herring. I shall now go and explain to some forums how to convert Word to Word and Epub to Epub, Grannies to suck eggs, then shoot myself in my stupid head, but I will probably miss and shoot myself in the foot again.
Borlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmeal View Post
Where can I covert EPUB to word/txt/doc?

I tried searching online and have tried some sites, but:
Some took forever and never end
some finish ask you to pay to get the full version.

It's there anyway I can do it for free?
You can use Calibre to convert the ePub to RTF and then load the RTF into Word.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #11
Sylvrtouch
Celtic Druidic Wiccan
Sylvrtouch began at the beginning.

Device: Sony E-Reader Touch
What if when you open the html from winzip its all encripted or in otherwords garbledy gook
Sylvrtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #12
Toxaris
Wizard

What do you mean. HTML is normally quite readable, you might have a HTML created by Word at your hand which has not been properly cleaned.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #13
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvrtouch View Post
What if when you open the html from winzip its all encripted or in otherwords garbledy gook
Well if it is encrypted, then the epub is DRM'ed. You can't convert it unless the DRM is removed.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 05:36 PM   #14
sad
sad began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile There ARE online conversions from epub to word

You would probably think there was no online way, but I have found that, even though it doesn't say you can, you actually can. I tried it and it works really well. Hope this helped!
http://document.online-convert.com/convert-to-doc
and also it is free!
sad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:32 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sad View Post
You would probably think there was no online way, but I have found that, even though it doesn't say you can, you actually can. I tried it and it works really well. Hope this helped!
http://document.online-convert.com/convert-to-doc
and also it is free!
Sorry, but I don't trust such a site not to keep your source file. Best thinbg to do to convert ePub to Word is to convert the ePub to HTMLZ and then unzip the HTMLZ file and load the HTML into Word. That works very well and you keep full control of all your files.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote