Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #316
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Ack, that sounds nasty.

Do we know how long you can safely let a Whack sit there? Do you have the option of not paying when you see it, going to find resources, and then paying it? (I've never had to avoid paying to make one go away.)
They tell you how many cycles - most are one only....
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #317
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Thank you. Thank you (oooh. I've just gone green on my Energy levels).

Does anyone accept Whacks? so far I've always paid them off, as they tend to only take a small amout of Military points (though from previous posts that does seem to vary)?
I have let the ones that promised population go. I haven't seen that they hit anything all that hard. Most of the others, though, will often cost you far more than paying to go away (someone let one of the ones that said it would hit military go and ended up paying about 10x as much by taking it).
Advert
Old 05-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #318
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Anyone know if you can get hit with more than one Whack per Cycle? I got one of the "1% of bucks" hits, which I could afford; now I have to decide whether to spend the rest of my surge points on military or bucks. If I know I'm safe from whacks until the next cycle, I'll throw points into income; if I might get another whack, I should reinforce military. (I could buy assets, but I'd rather wait until lvl 9 when I can get thorium reactors.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #319
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Only if you get a multi-cycle whack, have I seen two in one turn.

If anyone has food, need a small donation... d^%* crows...
Old 05-04-2012, 01:02 AM   #320
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
finally got my bliss deficit into a positive, but still stumped on energy. anyone got any tips?
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2012, 01:06 AM   #321
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
finally got my bliss deficit into a positive, but still stumped on energy. anyone got any tips?
Put Thorium Reactors on quickcharge spots, and avoid increasing population until you've caught up with energy. Catching up can take a while.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:01 AM   #322
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Seems to be the epidemic of crows. Luckily I had some food surplus and could take it. Go-away price was 120K+

It is dangerous to leave the whack to do it's dirty work. I had finally reached the green on bliss (thank you all for that), +180 or something. In the morning I found -20K+ waiting for my attention.

I had an idea. In case of heavy bliss-deficit, doesn't it make sense to level up? If I understand correctly, pop will be added to bliss.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:08 AM   #323
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
I had an idea. In case of heavy bliss-deficit, doesn't it make sense to level up? If I understand correctly, pop will be added to bliss.
Current Pop gets added to bliss, but you'll still need an extra 500 (needs to be Pop + (Your Level -1) * 500, according to the pop-up blurb) above what you already have just to stay even with where you are already, so levelling will actually make it worse, since you'll be deeper in the hole and digging even farther if you've an Energy/Food deficit as well as your Pop will continue to increase and will need even more Energy, proportionally.

Probably better off surging Bliss assets for a couple of cycles, or selling and re-buying stuff if you have no space left on your grid and can still afford it.

ETA: If you still need Bliss, you're getting all that the system and people send me for the forseeable future, if that's okay with you.

Last edited by ATDrake; 05-04-2012 at 02:11 AM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:28 AM   #324
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh yes, bliss me please. I had +2K, thought that it's over, but now with the new cycle it's -10K again.

On leveling up:
Lets say I have on L13 80K pop
I need 13*80K energy, 12*500+80K bliss
By end of the cycle I'll need 14*80K energy, 13*500+80K bliss.
Leveling gives me 80K bliss, but asks extra 80K energy + 500 bliss.

You're right. Dammit, seemed like such a good idea.

Last edited by travger; 05-04-2012 at 02:49 AM. Reason: did some math
Old 05-04-2012, 02:35 AM   #325
Iphinome
Paladin of Eris
Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10
Quote:
Oh yes, bliss me please. I had +2K, thought that it's over, but now with the new cycle it's -10K again.
sending some your way now, I have a 100k bliss surplus I can spare my entire hoard of the stuff.
Iphinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:35 AM   #326
colleenFL
Groupie
colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW3, PW1, Kobo N647, Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-300, various tablets
Quote:
I sent you some bliss and I'll keep you in mind when I get any bliss gifts. I wish there was a way to gift surplus bliss. I have way too much.
colleenFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:51 AM   #327
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
I see they have implemented the colored borders around the gifts showing which resource it contains. Should make things much easier now.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:01 AM   #328
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I'm finally set up and trying to muddle my way through it... no real idea yet what I'm supposed to be doing, but I assume it's going to become more obvious as I go ahead.

I'm Yapyap there as well.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:08 AM   #329
travger
Evangelist

Oh yes, I remember the beautiful days many cycles ago when I started to run energy deficit because everybody was so blissful... I even wished for bliss-negative gifts.

Thank you all, gentle givers of bliss!
Old 05-04-2012, 05:08 AM   #330
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
I think the best advice has already been given here, and I am now starting to get Energy under control (though I've just gone negative again after Levelling Up).

Buy some Energy Assets (a Reactor is a good start), and then surge them to collect Energy, and go a couple or three cycles without levelling up and use the surge points each time to give you more Energy.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote