Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 12-24-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Nook Simple Touch
Can't read on Nook but ok in Calibre

First of all, I just got my first ereader last month and was shortly introduced to the wonderful world of Calibre. My favorite being the Fetch function. Incredible feature, thanks to everyone involved.

I schedule 17 recipes. Most of them work fine but a few have given me problems. Most notably Time Magazine and about 3 or 4 others. Basically I can read the headlines but when I choose an article, I get either a completely blank page or a page with only Section info and the link "This was downloaded by Calibre..." It's happened for about the last 3 weeks. I just thought that there are some recipes that need updating.

So last night I was in Calibre and double-checked some of the downloads. It turns out Time articles that can't be read on my ereader show up perfectly in Calibre. Just checked and the entire Foreign Policy recipe is completely blank (aside from headlines) on my ereader but shows up just fine in Calibre.

Help?
tdonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:00 AM   #2
scissors
Addict
scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs300, kindle keyboard 3g
Try un-installing and install 0.8.3 or .29.

I think it's possible it's this bug

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=161441

The daily mirror recipe is doing the same (although the odd article does display)
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Nook Simple Touch
Scissors, thanks! It seems to have worked for Foreign Policy. I'll check Time and others when it's their turn to download.

I was a bit bummed out when I saw the blank screen again for the first article. But a couple of swipes and the text showed up. Seems the article starts after a couple of blank pages. Doesn't worry me much as long as I get the story.

So do you think this bug will be addressed in the next update? Or has it not yet been figured out?
tdonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #4
newez
newez began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Same Problem Here. ALSO,,
newez is offline   Reply With Quote