Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 08-14-2004, 07:45 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
iSilo/X V4.1 Available

Darren released a new (non-beta) version of iSilo/X today. You can lookup the changes from previous versions here and here.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:10 PM   #2
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I downloaded it last night and I was surprised to see how much it'd changed. I thought it was some bug fixes, but it looked completely different. I'm still getting used to the display and the options, but for the most part I like it.

One thing, however, that I'm not sure of is how to see both items on the handhelds RAM and the accompanying card at the same time like in previous versions. I'm trying different combinations of options and preferences, but so far it looks like it'll only do either RAM or SD card, but not both at the same time.

Any ideas?
POL9A
Old 08-16-2004, 05:09 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Pride of Lions, I have the same problem like you. In fact, I am not a great fan of the new categorization scheme. That is why I am still sticking to iSilo V4.01.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:57 AM   #4
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
The change in the categorization system during the betas is one of the things that pushed me to try Plucker again, and now it's all I want to use.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:26 AM   #5
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
In fact, I am not a great fan of the new categorization scheme. That is why I am still sticking to iSilo V4.01.
I don't like the new scheme either. Tabs are not for me, I wouldn't use LauncherX, if there weren't "tab-free" skins available, for example. But with iSilo v4.1 there is no way of disabling them.
Also, although this is a release, I got the same bug as with the beta version: v 4.1 messes all my categories, and the "Favorites" tab keeps refreshing over and over again, except in the empty categories.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:03 PM   #6
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Okay, well I broke down and tried iSilo 4.1 to see what it's all about. I have to say in its defense that it is enormously faster than I remember. I can tell just flicking through screens of text. Still, the category scheme is awkward and difficult. I think that I may go back to 4.01, which I liked better.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:23 PM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Speed for OS 5.x devices is one of the major improvements in 4.1, according to the history file. Now I wish I had a OS 5 device ...
Old 08-16-2004, 08:26 PM   #8
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I've noticed the problem on my T615 as well. I'm now back on 4.01 on the Clie (I'll stick with 4.1 on the ipaq, whenever it comes back )

I'd really like to see the option to retain the 4.01 interface in future versions of isilo...

Craig.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:48 AM   #9
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Hey All,

I have mixed feelings about the new version. I like the interface and the addition of reading .txt documents as well. It was confusing at first but I am able to see all of the documents on my zire71 or an external sd card at the same time. The category was not set properly so I thought that I had to navigate from sd card to internal everytime I wanted to read something. Also an annoying thing was that at first isilo was listing everything on my card/zire71 and it was annoying I tried a couple of things and now it's just showing doc/isilo fomat on my card/zire71. To properly do it the settings should be under options/document type/document types to list (if you don't want to see every file make sure other is not checked) . If anyone has anything else to add let me know.