Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-29-2015, 07:42 PM   #1
bobng
bobng began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
unable to download to Calibre

I've had 3 Kindle book that I can't load to Calibre. They just show one folder and several files that can't be opened. They have file extensions of ASC,PHI,XJF and XJR. The usual blue file with the book that normally allows the load is not showing.

I did get a new Sue Grafton book normally but the 3 didn't; 2 Allison Brennan books included.
These books do open in the KIndle? Anyone experiencing this or have a solution?
bobng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 05:09 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
What device/app do you have?

calibre cannot handle the new KFX format (from the "enhanced typesetting" update).
You can still download the AZW3 from http://amzn.com/manageyourkindle or using Kindle for PC
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2015, 10:52 AM   #3
bobng

Thank you very much! I was able to get the books through the Kindle page.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:12 PM   #4
bobng

OK, Signed in at Dropbox thru your link. Bob
Old 08-30-2015, 12:14 PM   #5
bobng

I use FBReader with Nexus 7 and Samsung Tab S 8.4
Advert
Old 08-30-2015, 04:32 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
When I said "what device/app do you use", I meant which Kindle device/app do you use to download books usually.
Good to hear you were able to get the right version of the book downloaded into calibre.

re: the dropbox link in my signature, you need to create your account via the link (and then sign in on the Desktop application) in order to claim a referral bonus. Not just sign in from that page. I say that because I don't see a referral status.
Not that I have any specific expectations (in general I consider Dropbox activations an unexpected bonus), just thought you might be wondering.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote