Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
Limmer
Limmer began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
original to touch?

I just received a Kobo touch for mother day! I have the original. How do I set u the new one? Will I still be able to access my kobo account? I have purchased numerous books and I don't want to lose them. If I sync my new kobo, what happens to the books on the old one? Can I give it to my mom?
Limmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:59 AM   #2
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I have been told you can have up to 4 readers registered on your account. After that you have to have one of the readers removed from you account when authorizing a new reader on your account.

If you remove DRM restrictions from your books your identity is still encoded in those books.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limmer View Post
How do I set u the new one? Will I still be able to access my kobo account? ........ If I sync my new kobo, what happens to the books on the old one? Can I give it to my mom?
Simply enter your old username/password into the Touch and sync and you'll have all the stuff you have purchased previously (assuming you were using the Kobo version of those books rather than sideloading them with Adobe Digital Editions -- sounds like you were using the Kobo versions).
You can leave the books on the old and new Kobo's BUT when you sync either of them it will update your bookmarks etc to the same as the most recently sync'd one -- this means that if two different people are reading the same book it will be very confusing to keep it straight. As long as you don't sync the old one with Kobo you won't lose whatever bookmarks whoever is reading on it has.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
I have been told you can have up to 4 readers registered on your account. After that you have to have one of the readers removed from you account when authorizing a new reader on your account.

If you remove DRM restrictions from your books your identity is still encoded in those books.
I think it's six, I have five on my account.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #5
Limmer
Limmer began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Thank you so much!
Limmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert