Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
NetworkGuy
NetworkGuy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Question Calibre Catalog Question

Hi,

I am thinking of installing Calibre on a Media Server that I have and using the Content Server to make books available on my network. But this system does not really have a monitor and keyboard attached unless I am doing trouble shooting.

My question is what would happen if I started Calibre on a different PC that was using the same catalog? Will the copy on the Media Server recognize the changes? Or will this cause problems and corrupt the catalog?

Thanks,
John
NetworkGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
NetworkGuy

123 views and no comments?

John
Advert
Old 03-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre is Single User (single system).
The content server and the GUI are one system.

VNC/RDC to your headless server for all Calibre data(book) changes
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #4
NetworkGuy

The Content Server can be run seperate from the Calibre program. What would be the impact of running th content server on my Media Server and updating from a different PC?

John
Old 03-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkGuy View Post
The Content Server can be run seperate from the Calibre program. What would be the impact of running th content server on my Media Server and updating from a different PC?

John
Tat is 2 Systems involved
The SQL DB server is running on the Media Server in your case. AStarting a GUI on you PC stars ANOTHER SQL server

I use VNC or RDC to remote control the PC running Calibre if I am remote.
That is legal (DB wise )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert