Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-17-2015, 06:37 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Calibre adding 287 ebooks for 1 ebook sent

Calibre detected my Sony PRS300 ereader.

I highlighted the book (epub) I wanted to send.

Then I did the two-step process of:
1)Send to Device
2)Send to main memory

with the one single (small-ish, well under 1MB) epub.

The path Calibre put the epub on in the ereader was:

Database>Media>books>the epub's folder>the epub file

I waited for the green checkmark to appear.

Everything looked good but when I disconnected the ereader it took forever to load and I had 287 copies of that single book on the ereader.

Anybody have any idea what might be happening and how I can get it to work normally?

Thanks.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:41 PM   #2
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
I got it working. The problem seemed to be that there were two "collections" that I could not delete from the PC. I don't know why there were hundreds of books. I have never had more than five books on this entire ereader at the same time. Anyway, from the Home page of the ereader I went to Settings>Advanced Settings>Format Internal Memory.

That cleared the ereader but it also cleared the Books folder. So I added a Books folder to Database>Media and then added an ebook to the Books folder. Worked fine.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote