Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #16
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
sorry about the mis-idenetification.

your issue is exactly what AJ has said. you can't transfer ADE books that way you have to use ADE to transfer them

Here are screen shots to show how it should look in ADE. The device appears in the column at left. the books on the right. you drag the book to the device to transfer. If the device doesnt show there its not recognized by ADE and wont ask you to authorize it. That means the device doesnt support ADE DRM.

From the specs on the Dick Smith site I would say it doesnt because it doesnt list DRM protected EPub as a supported format.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:03 PM   #17
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

oh this has a couple other threads going like this one

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...54#post1366654

it's definitely not from elonex. I would take it back.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:26 AM   #18
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
oh this has a couple other threads going like this one

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...54#post1366654

it's definitely not from elonex. I would take it back.
It is actually brought into Australia by a company called SpotBuy (www.spotbuycom.au). They seem to buy electronics and re-badge it. I went into my local Dick Smith a few weeks ago (as reported here) and the logo of the EZReader looks very very similar to the EZRead logo (this is on the unit and packaging).

Funny if you go to the spotbuy website on the banner is Astak. Quite possibly this could have been a unit all produced and labelled ready for Astak to sell (and consequently the deal fell through), instead Spot Buy bought them up and brought them to Australia. To add to this if you go to http://www.spotbuy.com.au/epages/sps...ort%20ebook%22 (spotbuy support page) it mentions one should keep looking at www.ezread.com.au for ebooks, which was part of the Astak ebook store, and did work, then at some point it redirected to ezread.com (doesn't now - directory listing error, but the primary/secondry DNS servers are ns1.myezread.com and ns2.myezread.com, an Astak owned domain). Anyone recall Robert mentioning great things were going to happen in Australia with Astak?? Perhaps this was it but it didn't actually happen.

If I get a chance in the coming week I shall go in and take a further look and report back, and the DS website is mis-reporting it being from Elonex (however this is another reader that spotbuy also bring into Australia).
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:29 AM   #19
Dulin's Books
Wizard

thank you. that does make sense
Old 02-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #20
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Good sleuthing Solicitous. The plot thickens.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:49 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It doesn't make a great deal of sense that this would be made for the Australian market because Australia, like Britain, pronounces the letter "Z" as "Zed", not the American "Zee", so the prefix "EZ" doesn't have the meaning of "Easy" that it does in the US.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #22
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It doesn't make a great deal of sense that this would be made for the Australian market because Australia, like Britain, pronounces the letter "Z" as "Zed", not the American "Zee", so the prefix "EZ" doesn't have the meaning of "Easy" that it does in the US.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:15 PM   #23
cableguy815
cableguy815 began at the beginning.

Device: Mentor Lite
ehhh Help?

Hi Folks,

I'm new to this form and i must say this place is a god-send. Not high jack a thread but i need help. I have the exact same mentor (lite) pictured in this thread and it has several issues. I'd like to update the firmware. I know how to and have read instructions and shouldnt have any problems. The problem is I dont have the firmware.... It is easier to find gold on the moon than to find firmware for this thing. The astak site is down and every other site i tried is down. Cany anyone help? Also, if there are any experts here, does anyone know roughly how big are the firmware files (10megs, 100megs, 200megs)?

Thanks so much in advance.
cableguy815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #24
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
CAbleguy815 - It would be better to start a new thread labeled "Mentor Lite Firmware" and repeat your questions there.
BTW, the firmware files will be about 50 to 100 megs in size.

You should also read through the Netronix forum below, but be aware that Netronix made many incompatible boards and put them in the same case...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:23 AM   #25
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Good sleuthing Solicitous. The plot thickens.

Dale
It is what I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You're right, the letter "Z" pronunciation in Australia is "Zed" but when the letter "Z" is in a word it is sounded as "Zee", think Zebra, PEZ - you know the lolly dispenser (we don't say "p-e-zed", we say "pez" . Don't forget us Aussies have been growing up with Seasame Street since day one, so all the educated kiddies out there raised by their TV set pronounce "Z" and "Zee" probably anyway

All I know is Robert said something big was happening down here in Australia with Astak, and things started to move forward (ie: www.ezread.com.au and now what appears to be the reader released for Australia to be affiliated with the EZRead bookstore), but somewhere along the line it either fell through or what we see now is the best attempt to enter the Australian market. Either-way I find it a little disheartening as Astak seem to have a small but loyal crowd here in Australia and a good potential market and to not tap in and let us all know about it.......well it speaks volumes IMHO.

Jen, you're being rather quiet here of late. Can you enlighten us about why www.ezread.com.au no longer works and provide some info about this ereader???
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:48 AM   #26
Silkmagpie
Silkmagpie began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader Model EZ 601
Hello everyone, well I have taken that device back to Dick Smith. The ereader does not support DRM Books and will not be getting an upgrade either. So thankyou one and all for your help. The store gave me an "Elonex" ereader to try.......so fingers crossed.
Silkmagpie is offline   Reply With Quote